22

I screamed, terrified for my life.

I reached for something, anything to defend myself. A heavy paper weight lied dormant on the counter. I grabbed it and smashed Circus Baby's face as hard as I could.

Her face plates shattered on her right cheek shattered, exposing wires. She recoiled and bent over, holding her face.

"T-T-Tougher than you l-look." Baby's voice began to glitch out.

I took the opportunity to run out the door. Circus baby trailed not far behind.

I ran through the building, drawing the attention of parents and children who all noticed the horrifying Circus Baby chasing after me.

They screamed in horror and fled the building, drowning me in a crowd. Though, thanks to the crowd, Circus Baby lost me.

"(Y/N)!!" Henry called my name. He was standing outside the restaurant with a police officer.

"Henry! Oh thank god you're safe. The kids are safe too, yes?"

Henry nodded. "They we're all reunited with their parents.

I looked to the policeman who introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Clay Burke, the chief of police." He stuck his hand out to shake. "Do you mind telling me how you found those children?"

"It's a long story. Would you like to come over to Henry's house to talk about it?"

"Yes, that would be great. Thank you." Clay nodded.

Once we were back at Henry's house, Clay and I took a seat on the living room while Henry fixed us some tea.

"Where do I begin?" I chuckled.

A little over two hours later, I finished retelling our story, of course leaving out the part where I'd committed the crimes with William. Clay's mouth hung open as his eyes were wide.

"So... William Afton kidnapped and killed the missing children's Freddy's to.. harvest their.... S-soul energy and then survived death and kidnapped more children and tried to make himself immortal.." Clay summarized, not totally believing me.

I nodded. "Yep. Sounds about right."

"And the whole time, you were dating him, completely unaware of this?"

"Yyyyyyes..." I hesitated. "Err, um. Did I mention that uh William died again? Today? At Circus Baby's?" I tried to change the subject before he picked up on my hesitation.

"Uh huh..." Clay nodded with narrowed, suspicious eyes, taking note of that as well."So how long have you known Mr. Afton?"

"Since highschool. We had a bunch of classes together."

I looked at the boy sitting next to me. He had dark brown hair and pale skin. He was tall and lanky, maybe around 6'3", but taller than I was, for sure.

He turned around, noticing me staring. "Like the view?" He teased. I noticed he had a British accent.

I blushed and smiled back, flustered.

He grinned and introduced himself, "William Afton." He stick his hand out for me to shake.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." I shook his hand. "Are you new?"

William nodded. "Yeah, just moved here. I take it you're familiar with this place?"

"Yep, been here since elementary school!" I smiled at him.

"Oh wow.! You think you could show me around?"

"Sure, I'd love to!"

Henry walked into his living room, sitting next to me on the couch.

"And you, Mr. Emily? Did you have any knowledge of Mr. Afton's crimes?"

"No, I didn't know until (Y/N) told me." Henry shook his head.

Clay looked over to me. "Say, (Y/N), how do you know of William's crimes?"

"He told me." I lied confidently. "He told me everything today before he died."

The chief nodded, standing up. "Alright, thank you. This has been very helpful in our investigation. I'll be on my way now." He waved as he left.

As soon as I heard the front door shut, Henry turned to me. "(Y/N).. does he think that William acted alone?"

I looked away. "I- I didn't want to incriminate myself.. Look. I've been resurrected from the dead, I am not spending my second chance at life rotting in jail." I rose my gaze to meet Henry's. "I'd rather incriminate someone who's dead and can't be imprisoned for life.. besides! He was still doing it after we were resurrected!"

Henry stared at me, he seemed to be debating with himself in his head. "Mmh. Fine. I guess it's not worth going to a correctional center if you're already corrected.."

"So how are we going to free the children in the funtime animatronics?" I changed the subject, abruptly.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Didn't you hear what Circus Baby said? The children's souls were separated into fragments that now possess the animatronics at Circus Baby's."

Henry hummed in response. "Hm. I don't know. How can that soul energy be destroyed.?"

"Fire." An ethereal voice said.

I know that voice..

"Clara?" I called out.

"Clara?" Henry looked at me confused.

"Yes! Clara! She's a ghost now!"

"I like the term wandering spirit." Clara's voice echoed from behind me. "Good seeing you again, Henry."

"Holy shit." Henry gasped.

Clara chuckled. "My, my, Henry! I haven't heard you swear since college!"

Henry smiled at Clara, happy to see his old friend for the first time in 40 years. His smile soon faded as he remembered what she'd said.

"You said fire can destroy the soul energy?" He asked.

"Yes. Fire can destroy the remnant. You'll have to get them all together somehow and burn them all."

Henry nodded. "I have an idea. It'll take a lot of time, but once it's finished, it'll free those children once and for all."