12 » Girls

12 » Girls

❝I was old enough to know better,

Young enough to still decide,

That it was worth my time for something beautiful.

I finally found my voice,

and something that's worth writing down.

with a picture perfect memory of her body, her body.

Girls, please, please,

allow my voice to calm you down.

Boys understand,

girls will never listen or learn.

and I'll sing so sweet

while I speak I'll bite my tongue,

cause girls never listen.

She was young enough to fall in love

Naive enough to think she wanted out,

It wasn't worth her time for something beautiful.

You say love, she says maybe.

I say please, she says baby, "it's not you, I'm just out of my head."

Her body, her body.❞

-Mayday Parade, Girls

December 23rd, 1976

Iris avoided James at all costs, sitting in a different spot in class, eating at the Slytherin table with Diana. She even took the shortcut through the dungeons so that she wouldn't have to walk by James and Lily in the corrridors as she traveled to Ancient Runes.

'Jily' had become the new power couple of Hogwarts. Girls were jealous of them and boys wished they were that noticed. Although Iris may have lost James she gained a new ally. Albus Dumbledore.

Albus had informed Iris of the trouble brewing with Voldemort and how he was gaining followers quickly. A prophecy was told and it talked about a baby that Albus told Iris would most likely be birthed by Lily and James in older years. She understood, even though she didn't prefer it in the slightest she knew she had to be there for her first love and her twin sister.

Later that day, just after Iris was exiting Charms, she managed to bump into James. James attempted to speak to her, although Iris wouldn't have it and she left, hurrying into the forest despite James yelling at her to come back. Iris was on edge lately and couldn't bare the thought of speaking to James. She knew that when Christmas Break came along she would have to go home with her two sisters that despised her and her muggle parents that hovered over her constantly.

Iris was so lost in her thoughts that the only thing she comprehended was the sound of a trap being triggered. Shakily, she looked down and saw her foot resting on a claw trap. James came into view as she looked up and he looked just as distressed as she felt.

"James...Look for the disarming instructions. They should by around the side or the bottom.." Iris wails, causing James to nod vigorously and look. When he ffinally finds it the writing is so small that even with his glasses he can't read it.

"I-I can't...I can't read it!" James protests as he punches the ground in frustration. Iris just sighs shakily.

"Forget the instructions! If anyone can get it open you can!" Iris encourages, watching James pull out his wand and try to shoot a spell at it. The spell was rejected sending it flying into a tree by his head.

James ducked quickly before noticing a knob on the side of trap. He scrambles over to it and looks up at Iris.

"Ready?" He breathes out as Iris nods, not sure how it will go. James turned the knob, grabbing Iris out of the way before the claws clamped shut and she fell into his arms.

"See? I was right.." Iris smiled before falling limp in James' arms. James looked at her unmoving form with a confused look but quickly sprinted to the school, heading to the Hospital Wing with the first snowfall in weeks coming from above.