09 » Feel Like You Don't Make Sense

❝It's like a hurricane, speed train, she's a moving car
Catch her in the fast lane, oh I gotta know,
Can I keep up with her pace?

Kick it into gear when I see that face
'Cause we only have one life
The timing and the moment,
All seem so right
So would you say you're mine? (We'll be just fine)
Would you say you're mine? (We'll be just fine) ❞
-The Ready Set, Love Like Woe

As Iris walked into Dumbledore's office she became more nervous then she ever imagined she would ever be. All she wanted was so hide away and daydream about James like she usually would. She had a question that was left unanswered and that she needed to find out about because it could cost her her life.

"Come sit Miss Evans" Dumbledore offered while staring at Iris from behind his half moon spectacles with a twinkle in his eye that could be recgonized as knowing. Iris nodded, looking at the old man in suspicion but seating herself in the mahogany crafted chair nonetheless.

"So, I have heard that you have no recollection of your last moments in you captors grasp?" Albus asked, folding his hands on his desk with his lips pursed in concentration. She sighed and nodded, not exactly wanting to be in the office as she had suddenly felt like a trapped animal, unable to escape.

"Yes, I did say I had no idea what happened before I appeared in the Forbidden Forest." The strawberry blonde replied, looking her headmaster straight in the eye as if to tell him she wanted to leave. Albus sighed with unsatisfaction and nodded at her, signaling that she could exit his office and get back to her friends. Iris got out of the chair and left.

Once Iris got into the common room murmurs and snickers were all that filled the room besides the heavy silence that hung over her like a dark cloud. She shook it off and turned back, heading out the door and traveled to the room she was supposed to meet someone in.

Iris thought of what she needed and opened the Room of Requirement doors, slipping inside to see James Potter standing in all his glory by the fireplace. He sensed her staring at him and turned, smiling at her and motioning for her to sit. Smiling back, Iris sat down next to him and awaited the question he would most possibly ask that she knew she would be comfortable answering.

"What happened?" There was the question. James looked at Iris expectantly and she gave in, telling him all she remembered and all she wouldn't share with anyone else.

"Merlin..That's so unbelievable.." James awed, staring into her eyes and feeling that undecided feeling again, not sure what to do about it. Soon enough, they were both leaning in and so into the moment they didn't even realize they were connected by the lips until they both pulled away. They stared at eachother before James, being the prat he was, cheekily stated that he knew she would finally submit to his charms. Iris rolled her eyes before grabbing his tie and pulling them closer together and whispering into his ear.

"Just stay with me.." And James agreed, feeling cross in his mind. Who to choose? The determind, smart and beautiful ginger, or the fun loving, intelligent prankster and gorgeous strawberry blonde?

Why couldn't he choose when the choices were so obvious infront of him. He felt butterflies with Lily but he felt lightheaded with Iris. How would you possibly choose?

The problem was, he had no idea how important it was that he did.