Maze series: Blue- Chapter 352- Their future, His great fear.

"They must be in the maze. Asteria-nim didn't say that there are only the kids who're going to go, after all."

Sheritt spoke up in her usual majestic tone which made everyone quieten down.

They nodded.

Cale looked around and found a cozy couch to settle down on, with Raon and Hong in his arms and On on his shoulders.

Everyone else followed suit and made themselves comfortable as the screen lit up, showing the current situation of their friends.

["Ah, it seems to be our turn." Rosalyn smiled at her companions.

Mila returned the smile and nodded lightly.

"Where do we go from here?" Archie scratched his head while contemplating if he should just go through the walls.]

...why was it showing their thoughts too?

Some were confused, some other were a little spooked but the rest just chuckled, thinking their goddess's fear of bulldozing through the maze wasn't just a bluff, after all.

They looked towards the adjacent screen to see the map showing their location.

The path was completely blacked and the only choice they had was to walk back into the centre of the maze.

"They have to walk back quite a bit." The theif commented as he pulled his chair down a bit, making himself comfortable.

He felt relaxed after a long while and liked it very much.

Peace wasn't bad, it seemed.

*****

"The walls close off here, Mila-nim." Archie went ahead towards the other end and reported the situation.

"Let's trace the path back to the starting point of the kids." Rosalyn suggested.

All nodded as they followed back to the single way path, before getting to a junction of 3 other roads.

"Are we allowed to split up?" Mila asked to no one in particular.

They really seemed to take the game seriously.

The fairy lights lit up brighter as if agreeing.

"Seems like that's okay."  They nodded and split up.

Mila walked on ahead, Archie traced back the path they came from, turning a right as a new pathway was discovered while Rosalyn turned left and walked towards the seemingly closed pathway.

****
Mila walked along as she leisurely admired the beauty of the maze.

It didn't matter who found the flower first, it was not as if this was a competition anyway.

She could notice that the extravagant set up was really luxurious. She could even declare this to be any dragon's dream lair.

She recalled that an exit could remove you from the maze and this game, so she made sure not to even look at any exits that she could encounter.

Ah, ah, let her enjoy this scene of greenery that was striking enough to make fish sink and birds alight.*

(Aoi: that's a Chinese idiom-)

****
Archie wasn't any different, though he seemed to be seriously looking out for any flower on his way, his relaxed steps gave away his carefree state.

He walked for a while until he saw something shine in the distance.

Thinking he found the spider lily, he walked towards it, but didn't expect a weapon to be lying down on the ground.