What To Do?

Katniss POV:

I jump down from my tree and run like there's no tomorrow. For me, that is likely.

My tracker jacket stings begin to really effect me. I am wobbly, and keep seeing things.

Then I see Glimmer's dead body. With the bow. I can't help myself. I try to pry her hands off, but that does not work. I look around, and find a rock. Then slowly break her fingers off.

Now I am hallucinating, worse than ever. But at least I have a bow and arrow.

And then a distorted form comes into my view. It looks a lot like Peeta. "KATNISS GO! HE'S COMING KATNISS! COME ON YOU HAVE GOT TO GO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

But then my vision goes black.

Callie POV:

I am sitting on the forest floor, and Marvel is rubbing sponsor cream on my arms, while I run it on his face. I start to feel better, but my skin is still itching and hurting. Not to mention peeling.

"Why did he save you?" Marvel asked.

"Huh?"

"Cato went out of his way to pick you up and save you. He could have just left you. I don't see why you're so valuable? I mean, he left Glimmer after all."

"Watch it, Sanford. Don't push your luck. I am a really good ally, and my training score can prove that. Don't underestimate me. That is the only time you will see me be a damsel in distress. I am also a good sleeper. Mom said I could sleep through a war."

Katniss POV:
I wake up with leaves plastered on my body.

     I look around, and see the bow and arrows I pried from Glimmers dead body leaning against a tree.

     I look around and see no one there, but I know who has taken care of me.

     "You can come out now, Rue. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you."

     Very slowly, Rue came out from behind a tree.

     "Hi Rue. Thanks for telling me about that nest. I can't believe it actually worked! How many cannons have there been?"

     "I think 2. I'm surprised there isn't more, but it's a good start," she says timidly, "I also, changed your leaves. And it's time I do it again."

     She made her way over to a pile of green leaves. Then proceeded to throw them in her mouth, chew them up for a good 10 seconds, and then spit them out. She placed the leaf mash on my stings, and I was instantly relieved.

     "It's a trick we picked up in 11."

     "Cool. You know, you are so lucky Rue. In District 11, you've got so much food, while us in 12 starve to death every week."

     "Oh no, we don't get to eat any of it. Otherwise the peacekeepers will kill us. They're very strict. Once, The Peacekeepers issued us night glasses. I have a pair in my pack. One boy, who wasn't quite right in his head, Martin, didn't want to give them back. So he hid them in his pants. The Peacekeeper shot him on the spot."

"So you see, the Peacekeepers in Twelve are very lenient. Not in Eleven. We don't get to eat any of the dairy until we harvest it."

     I said nothing. Mainly because there was nothing to say. I couldn't imagine living in such an environment. Oh wait, I could. Because I'm in it right now.

    Suddenly, I felt obligated to do something.

     "Rue, I'm going hunting."

     "Okay, Katniss. I'll collect some berries."

     She started to get up and leave, but I said, "Wait, Rue. You need a weapon. Here."

     I rummaged through my bag and found the knife Callie shot at me.

     "Take this."

     She took it and left to scavenge. I grabbed my new bow and arrow and set off into the woods. Look, I know in the Hunger Games, that splitting up is a recipe for disaster, but right now, we need food.

     When I came back with 2 shot rabbits, Rue was already there, sorting out the berries.

     I knew it came with high risk, but I lit a small fire, and began to roast. Rue made small leaf bowls, and distributed a good amount of berries for both of us.

     I gave Rue a leg, and she beamed.

     "I get to have a whole leg?"

     "Yeah, here, have some of this too," and I gave her the other leg.

     She excitedly chowed down as I ate some wings and berries. I was glad to see her so happy. About a simple question about a leg.

     We waited until nightfall to check out my glasses.

     After the anthem played, and showed no deaths, I put them on.

     She wasn't kidding. I could see everything from the trees and bushes to the raccoon 50 feet away from me. I could kill it. I could kill everyone.

     "You know the boy from my district, Peeta? He says he was with the Careers, but I think he saved me. I'm not sure if what he did was reality because of the tracker jacker venom. Maybe he was just trying to protect his lover boy angle, but honestly I don't get it."

     "Oh, I thought he wasn't acting," Rue says with a smile.

     "No, of course it's an act."

     Right?

     "I was watching them jump into the lake. But I looked for another second, and he was gone. So I think he did."

     "Do the Careers have any of these glasses?" I ask.

     "Three pairs. They've got a lot of stuff Katniss. It's all in a big mound at their camp."

     "Then maybe we need to change that."

                                        Callie POV:

Cato stumbled around the corner, while Marvel and I were finishing putting on the cream. He had quite a few stings on his face and arms.

     "Nice to see you awake," he says annoyed. Cato sits down and snatches the cream tub from the ground and starts applying everywhere.

     "Why?" Marvel asked.

     "Why what?" Cato replies.

     "Why'd you save her? And not Glimmer or Marina? A twelve year old! Twelve!"

     "Now Marvel, what did we talk about?" I say playfully.

     "Shut up."

     "Excuse me?" Cato snapped. "Who do you think you are? Huh? What gave you the right? Only I can say that. She's my sister. Wh-"

"Chill, it's fine," I say, shaking my head.

But Marvel looked mortified.

"SIBLINGS?!" He shrieked, standing up.

"You have a problem with that?"

"Um, no."

"Can you guys stop? We're all alone now. Two dead, and a runaway."

"Make that three dead. I stabbed that traitor. Sorry I didn't listen to you, by the way."

     "Whatever, idiot."

     "So, what are we going to do now?" Marvel marvels.

     We sit in silence for a couple of minutes. And suddenly, a bulb goes off in my head.

     "I think I know someone who can help."

A/N: Hi! Sorry this chapter took so long to write. And it isn't even that long. I have been really busy. But whatever. I'm done with this chapter, and the next one is called: The Boy From Three. Enjoy!