𝗘𝗨𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗣𝗘

𝗂 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗌𝗈 𝗂 𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆.
𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇,
𝖼𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖺 𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆.
𝗂 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗎𝗌𝗂𝖼 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖾

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝗜 𝗚𝗼𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗜𝗻 𝗠𝗲; 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘬𝘪 𝘥𝘦𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥

𝗜𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗮𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗹 climbed on Blackjack the next morning, promising to IM Polaris once they made it to camp

Annabeth didn't mention how much Polaris seemed like an overprotective big sister, but based on Percy's soft expression, he saw it too.

Polaris took out her navigational orb, tossing it up into the air with a flick of her wrist. It hovered, and the purple cloud blasted outward. Annabeth had no clue what any of it meant.

It still astounded her, how powerful Polaris was. She wasn't a child of the Big Three, like Percy, Thalia, or Nico, but she could definitely hold her own in a fight against them. Was it because she was High Priestess? Patricia had made a rock solid illusion the first time, though. That wasn't easy.

Annabeth wondered what their powers would be like if monsters didn't attack. For the entire time she'd known Polaris, the other girl had used her power to protect herself. To fight. But she was a daughter of the arts. Were her powers meant to be weapons?

Annabeth doubted it. Sure, her constellations could fight, but they could also talk. They could tell stories. They embodied the people they represented. They were beautiful, streaming down to the earth in showers of light. If they were meant to be weapons, wouldn't they be silent, mindless soldiers?

She could see it in the others' powers too. Patricia's were meant to entertain, Dotty's to educate. If Annabeth had to bet, their powers were meant to inspire art.

Because of the way the world was, though, they were forced to use their powers against others.

While Polaris determined their course, Annabeth wondered if the thought had ever occurred to Polaris. Was she thinking about her powers? About her cousins' powers?

She was forced to put the thought aside as the all climbed onto Lecter. Their world was horrible, and full of monsters. They would always have to fight; it was the life of a demigod.