𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗢𝗣𝗘

𝖠𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗌, 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿
𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗓𝗒-𝖺𝗌𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗌𝗆𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗍, 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗏𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗎𝖾,
𝗋𝖾𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁,
𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗁𝗎𝗆𝗈𝗋 𝗎𝗌, 𝖠𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗌, 𝖠𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗌, 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝗔𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻; 𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘴

𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗰𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗯𝗲𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵

𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗰𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗯𝗲𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵. Genia's advice had been sound, and Urania had happily shown them the way. The North Star pointed south, towards Louisiana, never wavering.

Annabeth and Percy adjusted to quest life easily. It wasn't great, but they were demigods, and in order to survive, you have to be prepared for anything.

Sally wasn't pleased, but she ultimately supported their decision. She wished them the best, and told Annabeth she'd talk to her dad. Polaris felt like a little kid, asking her mom for a sleepover. Can Percy and Annabeth come with me on this super dangerous quest? I promise we'll go to bed by eight!

Polaris . . . she was upset. Her mother had sent her on this wild goose chase, and so far, Urania hadn't said a word to her. In fact, she hadn't spoken to Polaris in over a year. What was Polaris supposed to make of that?

And now the two people Polaris loved more than anything were putting themselves on the line. How was she supposed to remedy this? She didn't know where to go, or what to do. She hadn't even gotten a prophecy like every other quest leader. All she had was a silent mother and an idea.

Polaris couldn't help but feel, deep down, that this wasn't the right choice, letting Percy and Annabeth come along. She didn't know how long it would take, and they couldn't just skip school forever.

She'd find a way to convince them to leave, she decided. It'd be easier for her, too, not getting distracted by her feelings for them.

"𝗜𝘁'𝘀, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗸𝘆, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 know?" Devyn said, picking at the strands of her jeans. "Is it good?"

"Devyn-" her teacher sighed, rubbing at the space in between her eyes. ". . .Yes. It's good. Fine. I didn't call you in here to talk about your writing assignment."

"Then why did you call me in here?"

"You punched a kid in my class yesterday, Devyn."

"Oh, yeah." Devyn grinned. She knew you're not supposed get excited about fights, but they made her blood rush and her skin flush with joy. There was something so wonderful about being able to defend yourself. She might have a couple screws loose, but she hasn't gotten seriously hurt yet. "My bad."