❄PROLOGUE❄

I didnt know what happened next...

I  think I blacked out..

I can hear the sobs from my mum but I cant see anything.

She muttered something to me in between her sobs while my father shouted , I couldnt understand anything they were saying , It was all jibberish.

Slowly, I lost concious and I dont remember anything after that.

When I regained conciousness

Bright, warm rays of sunlight greeted me,

I adjust my eyesight to the sudden brightness and out of the corner of my eyes,  I see my sister lying in her bed, with bandages covering all over her chest.

I quickly shot up as I recalled everything,
all the events that took place yesterday.

I observed  the  details of the new place I had woken up in.

The walls are made of.....wood?
The windows are oddly octagon-shaped  and wild leaves seemed to grow all around the edges. I peeked outside,  and noticed the world was coloured in red, orange and brown. It was autumn, and yet, it felt warm.

I looked back to my sister's sleeping face, and suddenly I remember a fragment of a very fond memory.

It was also autumn on that very day.
I remembered that the sun was shining and we were surrounded by rows of trees.

My little sister and I were awaiting the return of our parents as we played in the leaves  that were piled up on the ground.

Autumn is my birth season, and it is also one of my favorite seasons. It is where the past is wilted behind for winter and new memories will be bloomed during spring.

And on that day, another precious memory was made.

My sister and I would pretend to be adventuters exploring as we jumped into another pile of leaves, the leaves flew up on our impact and scattered, I took in the view as the leaves gently falls slowly to the ground  covering the once-green grass in different shades of red, orange and brown.

"RAHHHH ITS RAINING FIRE!!" My sister suddenly shouted as she tackled me.

"Take cover, dont burn yourself!" She stood up and shouted once more while giggling as she dragged me to the nearest tree to take shelter.

"Umm, sis?" I spoke up

"Yes , bro?" She looked up at me in response.

"Isnt it a bit pointless if we hide under the tree cause that's where the fire rain come from?"

" ...You're right!!!  Oh no, Let's go find ano- AAAAH!"

She was interupted by our dad lifting her up , and spinning her around.

"Too bad!! For the fire monster has captured you! " He would say as he lift her up while our mom chuckled at the scene.

Dad settled her down to the ground as her eyes twinkled.

"Mommy, Daddy, You're back! " She went in to hug them and I just smiled and joined in the group hug.

"Welcome back, mom and dad!!" I said as we released our hug.

"Yes, dearie, we're back" Mom spoke while looking at us with a warm smile.

I jumped up and down in excitement as I began bombarding them with questions.

"How did the exploration go? Did you meet cool new monsters??? What places did you visit?? Why is dad's shirt torned at the edge?? Why is my little sister sometimes so annoy- OOF!"

My sister elbowed me to stop me from finishing my sentence.

"You talk too much brother!!" She would say as she puffed her cheeks.

"Whaaaaat, but Im reaaally curious" I would whine back .

"Enough said, how are my little adventurers?" Dad spoke up putting both hands on his hips, looking all mighty as he gave us a huge grin.

I could see my sister's eyes sparkling as she liked getting called an Adventurer just like our parents.

I hate to admit but, I also grinned like an idiot on the thought of me being one too.

We both told them about our little adventures together, talking and chatting as we all walked home hand in hand. Well except for my little sister who stubbornly wants to get carried by my mother.

My sister also made me promise to form an exploration team just like how our parents did with their friends but with our own little squad!

My dad chucked at the little promise and said that we could join their squad when we're old enough. Which  as to my little sister also made him promise that.

The air was filled with laughter and life was really simple then.

At that point, we didnt know what was coming.

We didnt know that, dad's promise may not come true.

I closed my eyes as I finished my long flashback.
It was a very fond memory that I could not ever forget.

I looked back outside and saw the skies getting dark,and out of the corner of my eye I saw my sister slowly sitting up from her bed.

"Lucis?" Her eyes in shock at the bandages wrapped around her petite body. She looked around, confused.

"Where am I?"

"Oh Snow, you're finally awake."

==> END OF PROLOGUE