EIGHT

"Okay, what about this?" Michael asks, picking up the paper he's been writing on.

"Like a rainy Sunday mornin' makes me wanna stay in bed twisted up all day long. You're my inspiration, girl. You take me places, put the words right into these songs

Stealin' kisses under cover, babe. See forever when I see your face and I swear, God made you for me..."

Cassie blushes slightly. "I like that."

"Yeah, that's nice." Morgan adds, bouncing his knee while he nods. "You make it easy, lovin up on you. Make it easy with every little thing you do."

Cassie's getting flustered with the song. It's such a simple song but it has that fluttery vibe to it.

She stands and excuses herself, needing to calm down before she falls in love with both boys in that room.

Damn song.

Cassie Leigh:
Come here

Michael Hardy:
where are you? are you ok?

Cassie Leigh:
Ladies bathroom

Michael knocks on the door and he's suddenly pulled inside. "We need to talk."

"Now?"

"I can't stop thinking about it so yeah, now." Cassie licks her lips. "What is this?"

"What's what?"

"This. Us."

Michael rolls his lips into his mouth as a boyish blush dusts his dimples cheeks. "You wanna get back together?"

"Do you?"

"Well, yeah." He runs his hand through his hair. "Of course I do."

Cassie smiles. "Ask me."

"Cass, will you be my girlfriend again?"

She laughs and nods. "Yeah."

+++

There's a hand on his back and it's gentle, feather light ghosting across his tan skin. Michael hums, stirring slightly as he turns on his front, letting Cassie have more space.

She smiles as she presses a soft kiss to his shoulder. "Wake up, I finished your song." He hums again, burying himself deeper under the sheets. "Babe, wake up." She whispers again, her voice makes goosebumps show on his skin.

He lifts his head, his hair a mess as he squints at her. "What?"

She chuckles and runs her fingers through his bedhead before reaching over for his glasses. "I said I finished your song."

"Nice." He mumbles, sitting up, sliding his frames onto his nose.

Cassie slides herself under his outstretched arm and cuddles against his side. "Couldn't sleep so I called Morgan and cranked it out."

"Somethin' on your mind?" He asks, his opposite hand resting innocently on her leg.

"Nah, I just couldn't sleep." He nods and kisses the side of her head. "You hungry? I can make some pancakes or somethin'."