Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Everything happened too quickly. One minute i'm holding Daniels hand, ready to face the world and the next minute he's in the floor and Will is straddling him. He takes a hit to Daniels jaw and something cracks. I scream and cover my mouth with my hands. Despite the crack that sounded after Wills first punch, Daniel didn't seemed too be faced by it. Daniel hits Will in his chin, sending his head backwards. Daniel uses this to his advantage and flips him over. Now Daniel is on top of him swinging over and over again. I underestimated his strength.

Danna and I are screaming with every punch Daniel throws. Wills face is red already and it's only been 45 seconds since the first punch was thrown. As i'm grabbing onto Daniels arm to get him to stop, he snatches his arm and continues to swing. I am full on mortified, nothing is going to get them to stop. One of them is going to end up dead, and I can't do anything about it because my petite figure is too weak. As i'm feeling hopeless as ever and fear creeps up inside of me, Josh and Jake show up and pull Daniel up and off of Will. I instantly got to Daniel to get him to calm down. Once Jake has a good hold of him, Josh lets go of Daniel and makes his way over to Will to stop him from getting any closer. They're both holding them back forcefully and i'm thankful they're strong enough to hold them back.

Will spits out blood and his jaw is clenched. His posture is stiff and his nostrils flare. Daniels posture is exactly the same only he looks, angrier, and more determined, and that scares me. I've never seen either of them this mad. This is all my fault, how did I not expect this to happen. This is getting out of control.

Without thinking I put myself in front of Daniel and when he looks down on me I take his face in my small arms. He sighs in defeat and his eyes soften. It wasn't until now that I realize what a huge impact I have been in this boys life. He trusts me, he loves me, he'll fight for me, hell, he might just even die for me. It takes everything inside of me not to press my lips to his. It's not the right time and once this is all over i'll have those lips in between mine as long as I want.

"Take your hands off of him Maryann," Will yells from behind me and I flinch at his hard tone. He's not liking one bit of the affection i'm giving Daniel and never gave to him.

"Dude, get the fuck of me." Will yells at Josh as he continues to struggle to get loose. I turn around to look at Will and our eyes meet. The look of pain and sadness in his eyes is obvious. I hurt him, just like he hurt me. I feel Daniels hand rest on my hip and I lean into him. I don't want to keep rubbing it in Wills face, but I have to break up with him. I have to end this before someone really gets hurt. The last person I want to hurt is Daniel, and he will be the first person to get affected by this.

"Get your filthy hands off of my girl you punk," Will continues to push josh away from him, he tries to elbow josh but he dodges his attempts. I never knew how strong Josh was, I'll have to thank him when all of this is over.

"Dude, relax." Josh says and tightens his grip on Will. When Will manages to get loose for split second, Jake immediately rushes to them and hold him back as Will starts to get aggressive.

"Man, what the fuck? I brought you idiots here so you can help me beat him up not so you can hold me back! You traitors!" Will yells and I frown. Of course he would do something like that. He can't even fight his own damn battles.

"Will! Stop!"

"No, Maryann, you stop! Stop sneaking around with this phony as dude and come here. You're not supposed to be by him. You're suppose to be by my side. I'm your boyfriend, God dammit!"

"Not anymore," I blur out. It was the first thought in my head and I couldn't stop it from leaving my lips. I feel Daniel fingernails digging into my waist. My eyes start to water because I know how big the storm is coming now.