Then

Marinette took a deep breath. He was right next to her. The officiator was talking about something, but she can't quite focus on it. She was focused on the man next to her. Her husband. Her future husband. Her husband in like, ten minutes max, because now they were being prompted to make their vows, and after that, they'll share their rings and they'll be official. She now faced the man. Félix Graham de Vanily. Blond. Extremely tall. Built like a Greek god. She smiled, holding his hand.

Félix offered her a smile and a small wink and took her hands, interlacing their fingers. He couldn't wait for this moment. He'd been looking forward to this for months. Years, even. He couldn't really see her smile fully through the veil over her eyes, but he could tell she was smiling. He was prompted to give his first. He took a deep breath and gave her hands a squeeze. "Marinette, when I first met you, I knew there was something different about you. And yeah, I will admit, I don't think my intentions were near as good as they are now," he shrugged. A few people from their school chuckled, and he looked out at them with a wave of his hand. He turned back to Marinette. "But I fell for you. Harder than anything ever. For the first time, I felt something deeper than the physical attraction. I felt your soul hook on mine, and you reeled me in. Triple barbed hook and all." He leaned his head against her forehead. "You make me so happy, Marinette Dupain Cheng. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. To give you my everything. To be your everything. I will forever try my hardest to be everything you need. And I promise, with all my heart, that you will never lose me," he said, giving her a knowing smile. "So here's to the best marriage anyone will ever know."

Marinette smiled. His voice was so calm. So comforting. So reassuring and she has never been more sure of anything in her life. To be marrying this man. And oh god, she'd just been prompted to make her vow. She took another deep breath, and through her veil, she looked at Félix. Greybluegreen eyes that peered past the item she wore. Saw her for all that she was. "Félix." She cleared her throat, giving his hand a soft squeeze. "I... I don't read books. I'm not a big fan of poems. And I doubt I can take words and use them as my instrument and construct an ode the way you do to sing your praises, but I'm going to try my best." She laughed softly and stepped closer to him. "Four years ago, I was lost. Three years ago, I found you. A little bit after that, you found me. And since then, we've been picking up little pieces from our past and building our future with it, and I'm looking forward to it. To walk down life with our foliage, right beside you. And I promise to take it nice and slow. To stop and smell the flowers. To appreciate life with you. I promise to /live/ with you, Félix. And to love you with all the life in me. With all the flowers I can offer. With all the butterflies I can point out. And I promise not to lose sight of you. Ever." She smiled and closed her eyes, a hand on her chest. "I love you more than I do life itself, Félix Graham de Vanily."

Félix felt tears emerge in his eyes and his grin spread, showing soft dimples in the apples of his cheeks. He pressed his lips together and nodded. He looked at the officiant and smiled sheepishly. "Can we hurry and get this over with? Because I really need to kiss her. Like, desperately."

Chuckles and awes arose at the venue, the officiant nodding. The box of their rings were handed over to them, the ring for the other placed in their palms. "Put these rings on each other and then," the officiant said, hand raised, "groom. You may kiss the bride." Marinette looked at Félix, already taking his hand and putting on the ring, whispering, "I made you mine first."

He looked down at the rings and then giggled, taking her hand and putting the ring on it, sighing as he pulled the veil over her head, his face turning red. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Everything perfect in this world. "Yes, you did, my queen," he whispered, and suddenly pressed his lips against hers, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close.

Marinette sighed and melted into the kiss almost immediately, kissing him back, arms wrapped around his neck. Congratulate the husband and wife, the officiant behind them said, and she heard applause and cheers. She felt like applauding and cheering. She was hers. He was his. Marinette Graham de Vanily. She loved it so much. She loved him so much. She pulled him closer, tilting her head to deepen the kiss.