Then

It was the night before their wedding, and Marinette was being a big ball of anxiety. Pacing the room back and forth. Félix was called in for an emergency at work an hour ago, and what the hell? It was the night before their wedding for god's sake! They should be spending it cocooned in each other's arms - she wanted to be in his arms. The thoughts plagued her. What if something bad happened? What if something bad /happens/? What if he just didn't come home anymore? What if he met another one? Oh god. That brought bile up to her throat. She heard the door click being unlocked and she stopped pacing. "Félix?" She asked, frozen in spot. Was he okay? Was he alone? "Félix, is that you?"

Félix opened the door with a sigh and leaned on the door, brightening up when he heard her voice. He cleared his throat and put on a fake frown. "I'm sorry, madam. I have some bad news," he said, walking to her and taking her hand, kissing it gently.

Marinette tensed, narrowing her eyes at Félix. "What? Does it affect the wedding?" Marinette easily teared up. Either he was serious or this is some serious joke and whatever it was, it made Marinette's heart race at least a million miles a minute. "Félix, what's the bad news?"

He sighed and shook his head. "My boss said he needed to talk to me. He said it was really urgent, and it wasn't exactly the best timing since the wedding is tomorow. He gave me a promotion," he sighed dramatically.

She blinked. Did a double take. Then a triple. Then she sighed in relief before punching him lightly. "I was so worried!" She whined, glaring at him. "Félix, I've been pacing back and forth since you left and my feet hurt and tomorrow's the wedding and I missed you so much, what the heck??????" Her tears fell and she looked up at him, laughing but also kinda crying angrily. "I'm so happy for you, you deserve that promotion."

He grinned and picked her up by under her thighs, carrying her to their room. "But there's something else, love. See, I wasn't able to get the room you wanted at the hotel you wanted in Italy for the honeymoon. So my boss gave me a bit of a fund, my paycheck early, and so I just bought a luxury condo on the riverside in Venice. I hope you're not too disappointed."

She pouted, and she cried harder, laughing dryly all the same. "You're so-" she whined, and when he put her down on the bed, she quickly changed their positions so that she straddled him. "You're so insufferable. I love you, but god, you- ugh. What the heck, Félix, you make me crazy." She held his arms and pinned it above his head on the mattress as she leaned down, nearing her face with his. "You're so amazing. So nice. So good. Thank you for not wanting to disappointment me." She chuckled, and pressed a kiss on his cheek. "And thank you for coming back. And calming me down. I missed you. I love you."

He grinned and looked up at her with a loving smile. "I missed you too, blueberry. Thank you for being so understanding. So amazing. I do everything that I do for you, you know? You're my one and only, Marinette Graham de Vanily," he whispered, and pulled her closer by the waist, smiling as he kissed her softly. "You promise me we won't ever drift apart?" he asked between kisses.

"Mhm," she replied, nodding as she kissed him back, wet and messy because all she wanted was that he knew. Just how much she loved him. Even when she was kept and collected. Even when she was messy. Especially when she was messy. "I promise with all of my being. I will cling onto you for dear life, Félix Graham de Vanily. You /are/ my life. You keep me going. To drift apart from you is to die. I'm not even exaggerating." She replied, punctuating them with reciprocal kisses.

He smiled as she kissed him, closing his eyes as he accepted every kiss she offered him. He kissed her back when he could, and cupped her cheeks, smiling up at her. "Can you believe we're going to wake up engaged and go to bed married tomorrow?" he whispered.

Marinette pressed her lips together, as if the thought he just said was so foreign, and she shook her head. "Not at all," she giggled and wrapped her arms around his body, resting her head on his chest. "But I'm so ready for whatever may happen. So excited. I'm going to officially be Marinette Graham de Vanily tomorrow, Félix. You have no idea how much I love, love, love that."