Gatherings and Obsessions

"Welcome to the Glade, Greenie. Ain't no way back." -Chuck

________________________________________________________

The footage pans out on the Homestead, where the Gladers are having a gathering. Boys are running in and everyone is talking over each other, trying to get everyone's attention.

"Oooo what's going on here?" Lydia asked. She wasn't above some good gossip and she knew it.

Gally is the one to shut everyone up in the end, "Things are changing. There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze."

"Okay, and?" Isaac asked, still being as sarcastic as ever.

Thomas looks up but doesn't say anything.

Frypan gasped melodramatically and everyone (Except Janson and slightly Paige) looked at him in worry, "Thomas keeping his trap shut?! Impossible!" The boy in question blushed as everyone laughed at his expense.

"Which is a clear violation of our rules here." Gally continues.

" Really? Really?" Aris asked, looking more than a little annoyed.

"He saved Alby's life!" Scott called out to the screen.

Then, Frypan joins in with his input, "Yeah, but he saved Alby's life."

"Exactly!"

Stiles laughed at Scott's antics.

"Did he?" Gally questions.

This made everyone not from the two mazes think. Was he going crazy? Was he in a lot of pain? Is that why Minho knocked him out?

Newt is shown leaning on a wooden structure; an unreadable look on his face. He shifts but continues to listen to Gally. (For some stupid reason.)

"You look so annoyed, and I'm living for it!" Harriet laughed, Sonya with her.

Some were beginning to realize just how similar Newt and Sonya were looking but they ignored it for now.

"Yeah, it's not so fun when you have to deal with the wrath of an annoyed leader Newt and an over-controlling Gally." Said Winston. Everyone jumped, not remembering that he was there because he was so quiet this whole time.

The Group A Gladers all nodded knowing that Newt can be mean and vicious when he wanted to be.

"For three years," Gally holds up three fingers, "We have coexisted with things, and now you've killed one of them." Minho and Winston are shown looking at Thomas with the same indecipherable looks.

Some boy in the audience says, "It's true." Softly.

"Okay, who said that?" Thomas said, looking at the Gladers.

Chuck turned to him and responded, "I think it was Abe or John but I'm not sure."

Thomas nodded.

"Who knows what that could mean for us?" Gally continues.

"That you're gaining control and the upper-hand on whatever this WICKED thing is." Chris answered logically.

All the Survivors shivered at the name, even though it wasn't cold.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Newt asks, looking annoyed.

"He has to be punished." Gally concludes.