The Family That Lived

James' Pov

I blinked as I opened my eyes. I looked around and then saw a person I never thought I'd see again. My beautiful wife, Lily.

"Lily!" I cried. She looked up at me and tearfully smiled.

"James!" she cried, throwing herself into my arms. I hugged her tightly to me and then noticed the two children laying unconscious on the ground. "James, look!" She ran to the boy while I ran to the girl. She was a redhead like Lily. "James, it's Harry!" Harry? Then this girl was...

"Holly..." I muttered. I lifted my little girl into my arms and hugged her. She had multiple cuts on her skin and clothes.

"James, what's going on? How long have we been dead?" Lily asked, frantically trying to stir our son.

"They must be going on twelve now." I said. Going on eleven years. "Lily, we need to get them to Poppy." I picked Holly up carefully while Lily put Harry on her back. We slowly made our way up the staircase and through various different rooms until we came to a dead-end.

"Now what?" Lily asked. Just then, something glowed on Holly's wrist. Then, a door appeared and opened right in from of the Hospital Wing. We quickly rushed in, pushing the doors with force that they bounced against the walls.

"Poppy, we need you to-" I stopped when several eyes were on us. More specifically, Dumbledore's, Minerva's, Snape's and our friends.

Malta's Pov

It can't be. It's impossible. James and Lily were standing in front of us. No. It had to be Death Eaters trying to be funny. That's when my eyes fell on Harry and Holly.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!" I yelled. That's when everyone's attention snapped to the children.

"Harry! Holly!" Sarah cried.

"You damned Death Eaters!" Martin yelled.

"Bad enough you impersonate my brother and his wife, but you hurt my godson and niece?" Sirius asked.

"What are you saying Padfoot? You honestly believe we'd hurt our children?" imposter James asked.

"Your children? How dare you!" Remus shouted.

"Calm down all of you." Dumbledore said. We all fell silent as Dumbledore approached the imposters.

"James, Lily... if that is who you are, Please hand young Harry and Holly to Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape." he said.

"I'd gladly hand my children to McGonagall, but I'd rather die again than let a Death Eater like this snake get a hold of my children." James said. Okay. That definitely sounded like James.

"Either this Death Eater is the most convincing actor I've seen... or, it just may be James Potter." Snape said.

"Proof it. Turn into Prongs." Sirius demanded. "James and Lily" place Harry and Holly on nearby beds. James then transformed into a large stag. His Animagus form. He transformed back into himself.

"Satisfied?" James asked. His answer was being grouped hugged by Sirius, Remus and Martin.

"Prongs..." Sirius said.

"It is you." Remus said.

"James "Prongs" Potter is back!" Martin said. Sarah and I then went to "Lily".

"Tell us something only the real Lily would know." Sarah said. That's when she rolled up her sleeve and showed us a bracelet with three lily charms.

"Remember this?" she asked. "We got matching ones at an antique store in Little Whinging. Mine were lilies, Malta's were starflowers and Sarah's were morning glories. We were known as the 'Flower Sisters'. Remember?" I clasped my hands over my mouth. It was Lily! Sarah and I ran and hugged her.