Two

"Everyone, this is Dr Reid, he will be assisting us on our case today and in the foreseeable future." Hotch gestures towards the man sat beside JJ.

Spencer Reid, the new agent looks up from the buttons of his cardigan, giving the whole team an awkward wave before moving his eyes to Garcia who is stood by the wall waiting to debrief the team.

"Garcia?" Morgan questions, noticing Penelope starting at the unfamiliar man.

"Oh uh, yeah. Salt Lake City, Utah. Two women, Lori, 23 and Jackie, 21, were both found slaughtered in hotel rooms just three days apa-"

"Hold on baby girl, hotel rooms? Surely there's CCTV footage, right?" Morgan cuts of Garcia with a frown before looking to his team mates for reassurance.

David Rossi nods in agreement, the same question whirling through his own head the minute his friend mentioned a hotel.

"Well that's the thing sweet one, if you would just let me finish." she smiles at both men before switching to another slide. "Before both murders, the CCTV was switched off."

"Universal remote control." Reid states without hesitation and JJ can't help but look straight at him.

That's the first time he's spoken since he's been here and the first time she's ever heard him speak.

Rossi cocks his head while looking at their technical analyst for an explanation.

"A universal remote is a remote control that can be programmed to operate various brands of many different types of electronic devices... I'm not 100% sure if you could program it to control CCTV though." Garcia says as her eyes move to the new agent.

Spencer frowns slightly, uncomfortable under the stare of everyone on the team.

"I uh- sure it can." He mentally slaps himself for the stutter at the beginning of his sentence. He's always had a problem with speaking under pressure, hopefully this job will help to ease that out of him.

"You mean to tell me our unsub can switch off the CCTV using a remote control you can buy at the store?" Derek sighs, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm afraid so handsome." she mimics his sigh.

"Wheels up in thrity." Hotch states sternly before leaving the conference room to ensure his go bag is order.

"Hey kid." Morgan stands and reaches for the new agents shoulder as he's about the leave. "Reid right?" he asks and revives a short nod. "I'm Morgan, Derek Morgan." he reaches out to shake the younger agents hand.

Spencer looks down with a small frown then to the eyes of the man that just introduced himself.

"I'm not really a- a hand shaker." he forces a smile then looks up at the rest of the team stood around Morgan.

"The number of pathogens passed during a handshake is staggering. It's actually safer to kiss." He frowns again when he finishes his sentence and a wide smile splays itself across Morgans face.

"Not that I want to kiss you or-"

"Spencer." JJ reaches for the mans arms that are moving through the air as he speaks.

His eyes scan her face and his body relaxes slightly. "See you on the plane." Morgan laughs again and leaves the room arm in arm with Garcia.