2. Attack!

Espresso and Wizard continued carefully through the overgrown trees and bushes, making not a sound. As they went further, Espresso pondered what the plan was if they ended up meeting a cake monster.

"So.. What's the plan of action, Wizard Cookie?" He asked under his breath, making sure not to talk too loud, in case he was heard by the enemies.

Wizard turned to him. "Well, I was thinking we sneak up on the first hounds we see and attack them with all our wonderful might!" He got louder as he spoke, before clasping his hand over his mouth.

Espresso nodded slowly and continued walking. He suddenly stopped, for a shadow that moved along the forest path in front of them caught his eye. Wizard seemed to notice it too, and he stood still as they both watched the shadow rustle around in the bushes. For a good minute, nobody moved a muscle.

Suddenly, a very angry cake hound leaped out of the bushes, barking furiously at the two cookies. They had been spotted.

Instinctively, Wizard Cookie jumped forward, using his staff to blast a powerful beam of magic at the hound. It fell back, but immediately ran at him to attack.

Espresso, who was still standing in the bushes, snapped back into reality, realizing he hadn't done anything to help. He formed a powerful circle of magic underneath the cake hound. This took it by surprise, and it was pulled back into the center of the circle before exploding, which threw the monster up in the air. It landed with a thud.

The cake opened its eyes and howled a strong howl before jumping back up to its standing position and snarling back at the cookies, showing its sharp, white teeth. Espresso started walking towards it, before being thrown to the cold ground by a powerful force from behind him. He winced in pain and looked up at what had made him fall. More cake hounds, looking angrier than ever. The monster's howl had been a cry for backup!

Espresso began to use his magic as defense, when one of the bigger and stronger cake hounds jumped on top of him, pinning him to the floor. He let out a very loud cry of pain as the monster attacked! It had bitten into his arm! The razor-sharp teeth sank deep into his arm, and they wouldn't let go. He couldn't do anything, he was in a state of shock.

Lucky, Wizard Cookie came to his rescue and shot the hound with another strong beam of magic, but was immediately surrounded by many more furious cake monsters.

Espresso desperately tried to sit up, wanting to be of use, but he couldn't. The pain in his arm was too great. He glanced at his wound. A huge amount of blood was seeping out, staining his clothes. "Great," Espresso thought, miserably, "Taken down by a cake hound."

He looked up again, seeing the big cake monster barreling towards him again..

The world started to spin. He was exhausted, and it pained him to keep his eyes open.. He let his eyelids close, as his vision began to fade to black...

Author's Note!: This chapter was pretty short, but I promise I'll get more long chapters out soon! But the real question is... when will the gay truly start..? 🧐🏳️‍🌈 Very soon! 🤭🤭