Spirits and Flashbacks

Akela PoV:

"Well, this was a terrible idea!" I screamed, over the howling wind. We bounded along astride a large Polarbear~dog.

"What are you talking about?!" She yelled back, a gleeful grin stretched across her face. "This is incredible!"

I groaned. Of course, she would like this, this wild erotic freedom. suddenly I flashback to something that Kai had said once. It had been a long, warm day, the wild wind blowing in from the west. It was a sunny day, with barely a cloud in the sky. He was gazing out across the mountains, seemingly not paying attention at all, but I knew better.
It was his way. Keep his eyes on something else, and still be listening perfectly. I finally just threw my hands in the air, crying "I just- ugh! I hate that monk! He never allows relaxation or fun. I hate to break it to him, but I'm just a kid! Ugh! I am ready to strangle Tashi!"
Kai nodded, eyes glazed in thoughtfulness. "Wind is the element of freedom. Ironic isn't it? How the element of freedom has the strictest rules?" Then he turned to look me in the eyes, smiling.

"Uh... Akela! There's something up ahead!"
I was jerked abruptly from my memory to focus on where she was pointing.
In front of us, There was a vast plain of snow. And in the middle of it was a frozen forest, encased in ice. Swirling above it in a column were about fifteen spirits, in shades of blue and green and pink, to purple and navy and red. It was a bright vortex of color, one that inspired a variety of emotions.
The polar bear dog slowed to a trot, before stopping all together in front of the ice-encrusted forest. We hopped off its back, our feet thumping into the thick snow.
The spiritual energy was so thick, that I felt as though I could cut it with a knife. My little sister and I trudged forward, arms held aloft shielding our faces from the wind being created by the storming spirits.
We stared up at the rainbow of mystical creatures. It was a strange sight. I'd never seen anything like it, but it looked to me as though Kamaya was simply slipping back into an old groove.

She took a deep breath, shook her head, then turned to look me in the eyes.

"Alright, Eonni, you can follow me in, but then you need to wait outside.  some places even the queen can't go."

then she took my hand and lead me into the icy tunnels.

***

I followed my yeodongsaeng deep into the glacial mass.  I slipped and slid along behind my sister, who somehow always had her footing.  It was strange and didn't seem entirely natural.  

eventually, we came to a place that only Kya could get through.  she turned to me, saying "wait here, and get comfortable.  I won't be out for a while."

then she turned her back to me and crawled through the hole in the wall.  I watched her go, before shivering, hugging myself, and turning away from where I saw my sister disappear.  I looked around the space I found myself in.  I looked to the left.  Ice.  to the right. Ice.  up?  more Ice.  I hate ice.  I sighed and sat down on the ground, which, surprisingly, was only mostly ice. 

I laid down and curled into a ball.  He always relished the cold.  I guess I know why now.  for a second I wondered why I was thinking about him at all things, but I drifted into a sort of waking dream.

***

A/N: Hey! sorry I haven't posted in a while! I was trying to do this long scene, but I cut it out, and it's gonna be the next chapter.

anyway! I hope you guys have had a lovely past few months!

also, sorry this is so short! it only has, like, 596 words.

Addio, Hot-men!