Cigarettes

Sal brought the cigarette to his lips, inhaling deeply. He pulled his hand away as he leaned back against the mossy brick wall, staring up at the sky as he exhaled a gray smoke cloud. Travis bit his lip anxiously as he watched, Sal glancing over slightly. He smirked slightly, lightly punching his shoulder in a playful manner. "Ease up," Sal said calmly. "You're safe. Nothin's gonna happen."
          "I know, just-" Travis cut himself off, hugging his knees to his chest as he looked around the field before them.  "...It feels odd." Sal bit the inside of his cheek, staring at his cigarette. He then held it out to Travis, who stared at it curiously. "Might help you relax," Sal hummed. "Always helps me." Travis's gaze flickered between Sal and the cigarette. "But what if he finds out?" Travis asked nervously.
          "Trav, you're nineteen. You choose what to do now," Sal responded. "Besides, you finally moved out. By the time you see him again, the smell will be gone." Travis felt slightly better, but was still nervous about it. He hesitantly took the orange and white stick, bringing it up and taking a breath. He huffed out the smoke shakily, examining the cigarette. "...Thank you," he said quietly. Sal looked at him as he pulled his pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. "For?" He asked, not entirely sure what he was thanking him for. "Everything," Travis responded, Sal bringing a cigarette to his lips and flicking his lighter a couple times. "You're the only one that actually helped me out. Invited me to the group, let me move in with you...you believed I could change." Sal smiled softly. "So...thank you for doing that."
          "Of course, man," Sal responded, placing a hand on top of Travis's. "You matter to me a lot." Travis felt himself tense at the contact, feeling as Sal lightly held his hand. Travis felt his heart beat speed up, hesitantly doing the same as he shakily brought the cigarette back to his lips. He took a puff, breathing out the cloud. Sal did the same, staring back up at the sky. "This is nice," Travis said softly, Sal nodding. "It is," he hummed, watching as the stars twinkled. The cool wind blew against them, sending a shiver up Travis's back. He liked the cold. His ocean blue eyes glanced down at their hands, biting his lip. He slowly ran his thumb across the back of Sal's hand, said male smiling softly. He suddenly intertwined their fingers, Travis gulping slightly out of nervousness. He felt as Sal gave his hand a gentle squeeze, Travis taking another puff from his cigarette. His hand trembled so much that he almost dropped it, flicking it afterwards. Sal thought before shuffling closer, leaning against Travis as he rested his head on him. This made Travis become even more flustered, hesitantly resting his head on Sal's. "Your hand is sweaty," Sal said with a chuckle, Travis biting his lip. Sal grinned, suddenly bringing Travis's hand up. He pressed his lips against the back of his hands, grin only widening at the extremely flustered male's reaction.
          Travis tensed, face darkening immensely with blush as his eyes widened. He quickly looked away, ears being filled with the sound of Sal's giggling. "You're so cute," Sal hummed, Travis narrowing his eyes slightly at how Sal was making him flustered. He turned back to the male, whom was grinning widely. "Two can play at that game," Travis spoke as he put his cigarette down. Sal raised a brow as Travis let go of his hand "What d-".
          Cupping Sal's face, Travis connected their lips firmly. Sal's eyes widened at this, blushing bright pink as his cigarette fell from his fingers. He gently rested his hands on his chest as Travis pulled back for a moment, the two locking their eyes. Sal's mouth was slightly agape, no words to say coming to his mind. He then leaned in, the two shutting their eyes as they kissed again. Sal snaked his arms around his neck, carefully pulling himself to straddle Travis's lap. Travis wrapped his arms around his waist, lightly gripping Sal's shirt as their heads tilted. Sal was the first to pull away, their heads pressing against each other as light pants left their lips. Their half lidded eyes locked, grin forming on Sal's scarred lips. "Well played."