Dance, Dance, Junior High Revolution

This is a story submitted to me by a Wattpad reader who wishes to remain anonymous.

Their words are underlined.

At my middle school, there was a dance club that I was a part of. 

There were five girls and two boys in the club. 

The two boys are the focus of this story. 

Let's call boy#1 Richard, and boy#2 Kyle(no offense to anyone named Richard or Kyle). 

Richard and Kyle had some beef. 

Richard had tried to get Kyle's sister to date him, and when she didn't, he tried to hurt her. 

Kyle stepped in to help his sister and got punched in the nose. 

Ever since, they've hated each other. 

They both joined the dance team in an effort to one up each other, and have been trying to win the approval of all their classmates and the teachers. 

Their war got so big that eventually, people were fighting about who was better. 

So, one day, we are all lined up at the barre, doing some plié's, warming up for a 4 hour long practice session. 

We had been having such long practices because we were going to be in a dance competition for our region. 

During the water break, Kyle asks Ms. Mauve(not her real name, just her favorite color) if he can go to the bathroom. 

She says yes, and he leaves the room to go to the bathroom. 

10 minutes later, and he's still not back. 

Ms. Mauve sends Richard to go check on him(in her defense, she didn't know about their fights because she was new) and 2 minutes later, Richard comes back, holding a red and blue compass(a device you use to draw perfect circles) from the math classroom. 

I thought it was odd that it was red and blue, because all the school's compasses were either black or blue. 

Ms. Mauve asks Richard where Kyle is, and he says that Kyle is getting his extra water bottle from his locker. 

I didn't think much of the conversation, and we continued with practice. 

Half an hour later, Kyle comes into the classroom. 

He has a bandage wrapped around his leg, and he's crying. 

Ms. Mauve came up to him and asked him what had happened, and he said, in the most teary voice, "Richard stabbed me with a compass while I was in the bathroom." 

He undid his bandage a bit, and there they were. 

2 large stab holes, made from the compass that Richard had. 

Ms. Mauve sent Richard to the principal's office, and he was suspended for 2 weeks. 

Kyle healed quite a bit, and he and I danced together during the competition and won 2nd place.

This only made Richard angrier, because I was his dance partner before the incident. 

5 months after the stabbing, Kyle beat Richard in a fight outside of school grounds, and was crowned King Of Junior High. 

He ruled over the junior high school until he graduated, and is still one of my closest friends.

Richard, on the other hand, was expelled for assaulting 2 of my classmates, and making sexual jokes about me and other girls in my class. 

He was later sent to a military academy, and came back a respectful man. I can't forgive him for what he did, but I'm glad that he is changing.

____________________________________________________________

Wow! This story certainly was a doozy! I'm glad that Richard got what he deserved in the end!

Was there a fight at your school? How did it go?

Happy Reading! - womaninthequeue