19

Epilogue

PETER STAYED FOR THE NIGHT and all the nights that followed as we hugged each other to sleep. I was accustomed to his scent, to the shape of his body and the length of his arms around me. I felt protected, at peace. I was with the love of my life. He had been the one to have inspired the letters in the first place. My first crush, my first heart break, my first time, my everything.

I stopped talking to Kenny, I didn't meet him at camp that night he offered. I was just excited to have seen him again. But I want everything I have to stay the same and flourish with Peter as we grow.

It's been about four years now, I'm standing in front of the mirror wearing my Blue graduation robe with a yellow sash that read Suma Cum Laude. The walls of my dorm are empty of life, only the shadow if what once was there. The girl standing in front of me is now a woman. And im my hands I hold the letters. The ones that made all of this happen, the good, the bad, and the beautiful mistakes. I hold every envelope close to my heart. I can still remember everything that I went through and all that Im thankful for.

There's a knock on my door.
"Come in." I say.
"Hey Covey, you ready?" And there he is, my Peter. His beautiful eyes gleaming as he smiles. he's grown a beard and his more muscular. A champion on big leagues. "Everyone is waiting for you."
"I'm almost done, I just need to put on my cap with safety pins."
"I can help." He offers and walks towards me, I had cut my hair shoulder length and highlighted some areas, that was a time. He gently places the cap and fastens the pins. "There." I can hear him smile.
"Thanks." I turn and kiss him. He wraps his arma around me, the familiar warmth all around me.

***

"So, now that you're a graduate student. What are the plans for the future?" Peter asks as he sits on the blanket I laid. We were at our spot, the place we always came back to every time we fought, every time we celebrated valentines, or birthdays, good things and bad things. Here I cried when my daddy got cancer. Here I cried when he beat cancer, here I found out Margot was pregnant, here I told Kitty to be strong after her first heart break. This was my safe and happy place.

"I dunno. Write more letters I guess." I joked. We both laugh.

"I've been meaning to ask you something." I look at him, his voice is lowered. "Lara Jean Song-Covey, would you make me the happiest man in the world," I gasp and teared up a little. "The one you could share endless nights with, filled with laughter and joy. I want you to be there when I get awards, I want you to let me be on every step of the way as you publish your novels and later are all adapted cause they'll be the best things (I couldn't help to laugh there.) and make me the honor of being my wife. So, would you marry me?"
He kneeled and opened a Tiffany box, a ring with a rose-gold stone shimmered.

"Yes!" He wraps me around his arms as we laugh and cry. Is funny how all of this started because ai wrote some letters to the only boy I've ever truly loved. This was finally our happily ever after.

Fin.

**
Thank you so much for reading this story. I'm so happy for all the support through the years and I've just managed to get my account back, which is why there had been a lack of updates. But the story is now completed. Some things my change if I ever decide to review it and somethings might get extended or cut. But once again, Thank you for staying and reading.
Love xoxo