Chapter Five - Home, Sweet Home

NOT EDITED and I have yet to decided whether I like this or not :/ I dont know, but let me know what you think! Comment and Vote if yo enjoy it :) x I'll probably update after 3 votes and 3 comments. I dont want to keep writing if people hate it :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long can you go ignoring your assistant? It’s definitely not an easy task to accomplish. Nolan was everywhere, either taking inventory of costumes or taking coffee runs.

Sam and Julian, who weren’t caught up on the whole back story that Nolan carried with him, kept giving me strange looks during every rehearsal in the past week. I was normally one to make the assistant feel welcome, and try and help shield them from Sophie’s wrath, but I couldn’t bring myself too. Here I was, a rising pop star and I couldn’t even handle putting on a fake smile for a single conversation with him. In my line of career, I’ve had to deal with the company of people I can’t particularly stand, and never has it been this hard.

The difference was that Nolan knew the old me. The one I worked very hard to lock away. She was stupid, gullible, and too trusting. No one missed her. But he could look at me, and give a knowing smirk, making the hostage Christina bang on the walls in desperation to tell him her side of the well known story.

But I wouldn’t let her. He wasn’t important, and his approval wasn’t needed.

“Darling, I might be wrong” Julian came up behind me, wrapping a muscular around my shoulders, “But I don’t think glaring at a stage light will accomplish much”

I hadn’t even realized I was shooting daggers at an innocent light. I guess I was too caught up in my own world. Shaking it all off, I leaned into the dancer.

“I’m just tired” I sighed, it wasn’t a complete lie. During the past week, we’d been working our butts off, drilling the routines so far into our minds that in sixty years I’m sure I could perform it in the nursing home.

Sophie was really stressing this ‘Hometown Concert’, saying it would be the most talked about concert yet. I don’t see the appeal really. The only difference between this and all the other concerts was that it was in Ottawa. Why should that make such a big fuss?

Plus when your manager is riding such high expectations on a single show, you tend to feel the pain. Literally.

“God, my legs are on fire” I whined to Julian. He squeezed my shoulder lightly in support.

“After the concert tomorrow, you can relax” He shot me sympathetic eyes. Unlike him, my body couldn’t handle so many hours of vigorous practice.

Processing his reply, I scoffed, “Relax? Ya right. Sophie will have me on a plane within the hour its over”

“Well at least you get to take the hunky assistant with you” Julian winked.

“Delightful” I muttered under my breath. My fingers were crossed in hopes that he would either be fired by tomorrow, or at the least be taking a separate plane. The dancers took their own flights, since most of them didn’t have to show up until later. The first few days in a city were normally spent on interviews and photo shoots.

Like the sound of the clock ticking in Peter Pan, Sophie’s signature heels clacked toward the stage.

“Christina, there’s no time for dilly dallying, I want you to practice Simplify My Mind, you were sounding pitchy earlier” She instructed sharply, glaring at Julian until he removed his arm.

Sometimes I just wanted to ask if her bun was too tight, there has to be some reason she was always in a cold mood.

“Sure thing” I smiled tight lipped, taking the microphone from the stage attendant gratefully, and moving into position.