Chapter 10

When we got to the house, Gabriella was happy to see that I stayed. Everyone else didn’t even know I was gone. So I just told them that I went shopping with Drake, Emily, and Ana. Crystal was real happy I got new clothes. I told everyone the masquerade idea and they agreed. So Mrs. Knight starts planning it. Sabrina, Crystal, and Damien start the guest list. Caroline and I are in charge of the food. Everyone else is just helping out… well… except for Drake. Drake has been in the kitchen watching me. Mrs. Knight decided to do the masquerade on Saturday. 5 days from now. That mean I got a lot to do. Sarah would keep me updated on Dad. So far, he has been doing well, but he still didn’t wake up. I would also talk to Lucas. He is a great guy. During the time, I would help Drake on how to treat girls. He kept his promise and cooperates. He still flirts with me a little, but it was okay. I got used to it. We were now in the ball room.

“Drake, do you know how to dance?” I asked

“No.” he said as he ate a strawberry.

“Why not?”

“No one taught me.”

“Drake… you didn’t take dancing lessons.”

“No.”

“Well… I’m going to teach you now.”

“No thanks.”

“I didn’t ask for your permission.” I said as I stood up. I grab Drakes hand. “Come on. It’s not that bad.” I said as Drake stood up. I led him to the middle of the dance floor.

“This is ridiculous.”

“No it is not. Just try.”

“Okay. Okay.”

“Okay, do you know the first thing to do?”

“Of course.” He put his right hand on my waist slightly around the back, while I put my hand on his right shoulder. Then he took my left in his in a loose grip.

I smiled. “Good. Now, we dance. You lead, I follow.”

“Where’s the music?” I groaned and went to the stereo. I turned on some graceful music, then I went back to Drake and we got back to position.

“There. Now let’s start. Like I said you lead and I will follow. On the first beat, you step forward with your left foot and I will do the opposite. Then on the second beat, you step forward and to the right with your right foot. Like an upside down L in the air with your foot. Then on the third beat, you slide your left foot over to your right and stand with your feet together. On the fourth beat, step back with your right foot, and finally, on the fifth beat, step back and to the left with your left foot. Then you repeat those steps. Okay?” Drake looked at me like he was so confused.

“Can you repeat that?”

‘Sigh’ “Instead of telling you, I will show you.” I went to rewind the ballad music and then I went back to Drake. When we start dancing, a few times he would step on my foot. He would apologize, so I would nod my head and tell him it is okay. During the end, he had gotten a little bit better. I couldn’t help but to blush when he dip me at the end of the song. He looks down at me and smiled. My heart fluttered. We were so close. His facial expression turns to desire as he looks at my lips. My blush deepened. He looks back into my eyes.

“You don’t know how hard it is for me to not kiss you right now.” He said softly. It felt like my heart just stopped that one second. Drake was leaning in; about to kiss me, but someone cleared their voice. We look and it is Crystal and Caroline. Drake dropped me and I fell on the floor. All that passion was gone. Now I was pissed.

“Drake?!” I said. He looks down at me and smirks.

“Sorry about that.” He said as he helps me up. I fixed my clothes and hair.