✩22

aju nice

"I'm back—" his voice came to a halt when he noticed she wasn't on the bed

"Damin?" he walked closer to the bed. "Damin!"

He ran to the girl's unconscious body on the ground. He listened closely to her breathing and a breath of relief washed over him when she was, in fact, alive. He tried shaking her a few times in hopes of waking her up but to no avail.

The nurse then came in just in time. They both helped carry Damin to the bed. Jungwon wouldn't stop fiddling with his fingers as the nurse was doing a check-up on the girl he fell for.

His eyes were watering and he couldn't stop them. He was quite concerned and scared. He cursed himself for abandoning the girl; he should've never left in the first place.

All this wouldn't have happened if I stayed with her.

After what felt like an eternity, the nurse spoke up. "She's all good. She fainted because of fatigue so I advise her to rest tomorrow,"

"Thank you so much, and I'll make sure she gets plenty of rest."

"And, do you happen to have her parent's number? I need to call them to pick her up."

"She stays in the school dormitory."

"Oh, then—"

"I don't mind carrying her there," he simply said. It was the least he could do for not being there for her.

"Make sure she drinks plenty of water too," the nurse advised and he nodded.

Jungwon carried Damin on his back, surprised at how light her body was. Once he reached her dorm, he remembered that a key card was needed to enter it.

The key card must be in her bag.

He quickly located the key card by opening one of the bag's zips. He walked into the tidy dorm, removing his shoes in the process.

Jungwon carried the girl to her room and placed her gently on the bed. He had a little pout on his cheeks as he glanced at Damin. He was relieved that she was okay, but he couldn't shake the feeling he had when he returned to the nurse's office. That feeling . He was afraid he was going to lose her. He hoped he'd never have to go through anything like that again.

He walked out of the room with a small. His phone rang at that very moment. It was his sigh mother who had called. He'd completely forgotten that he was supposed to return home early today due to guests. He hung up after telling his mother he'd be home in about 10 minutes.

He couldn't help but wonder if Damin had any dinner. He checked her fridge and there were only snacks and junk foods. He saw that she had a few ingredients and considered making her chicken porridge but there was just no time.

In the end, he ordered her chicken porridge and left her a note before leaving. He wished he could stay by her side but he couldn't. He promised himself to visit her early in the morning tomorrow before school.

✩✩✩

Damin woke up to her doorbell ringing. She noticed that she was now back in her room. Confusion took over her face. When did she get here? The doorbell rang again and she forced herself to get up.

"Order for Ms. Kang." the delivery man handed her a bag. She opened her mouth to speak but the man spoke up once again. From Yang Jungwon."

"Thank you," she said before closing the door. She put the bag on the table.

Damin exhaled shakily while looking at her hands. They looked perfectly fine, as if they weren't on literal fire a few hours ago. Something on the table caught her attention. It was a note.

She picked up the note and instantly recognized the handwriting. The note read;

Hey Damin, it's me. I carried you here after school because you fainted. The nurse said you fainted because of fatigue so you have to rest tomorrow.

Please don't worry me like that again. I was so scared for you :( I saw that you only had snacks in your fridge so I ordered some chicken porridge for you. I hope you have a nice meal and I'll visit you tomorrow morning!!

-Your Wonie

A small smile made its way to her lips. Words could not describe how grateful she was for Jungwon. She felt bad for worrying him a lot today.

What did I do to deserve him?

She then ate her supper, her face plastered with a stupid grin the entire time. She made a mental note to treat Jungwon out later. After she was finished, she went to the bathroom to shower before returning to her bed.

It was insane how happened much in one day. She returned her gaze to her hands, recalling the events in the nurses' office. Her hand? On fire? It seemed almost impossible. Was she so exhausted that she imagined her hands were on fire , or was it true? She had lost any sense of self-awareness.

Damin's eyes began to feel drowsier by the second, and she eventually fell asleep, faint snores escaping her lips. What she didn't realize was that if she had simply stayed awake a second longer, she would have detected a faint smell of smoke. If only.

my cat turned 4 on April 13 💗