✩18

She was led out of the school by Jisung and Chenle, and she followed them

She was led out of the school by Jisung and Chenle, and she followed them. They were continuously conversing, and Damin learned more about them as a result. They also claimed that there were more people like them in the loop. 25 other people to be exact. Apparently, there's a whole kingdom of peculiar people too.

Chenle claimed he'd never met a peculiar with telepathy, so he kept asking Damin to do various things with her mind while being aware of their surroundings. She also found out Chenle's peculiarity which was super strength.

They came to a halt at a bridge that appeared to be in ruins. Wooden boards had been splintered, and some appeared to have fallen into the fast-moving river beneath them. The bridge wobbled as Jisung took one step.

"You gotta be very careful unless you want to end your life by drowning and being shredded by rocks." He said, making her widen her eyes. She gulped before taking a step forward.

They all successfully walked past the bridge and Damin realized they got to a small forest area. There were so many trees surrounding them.

"Now we have to cross this muddy thingy," said Chenle, earning her attention. There were rocks spread throughout the muddy way. He jumped on one of them, then another, and another, till he reached the end and landed on the grass .

"Be careful not to fall since this mud has a lot of slugs in them. Wouldn't want them to get on you, would you?"

Damin swore he was doing this on purpose, reminding these kinds of things that will make her overthink and lose her focus.

"How far is it?" She asked, itching the mosquito bite she somehow got, and swaying a fly out of her face.

"Right around here," He took a sharp turn and walked through some thick bushes. She followed him behind and her eyes widened at the home.

This was not at all what she had imagined. The house was in terrible shape, with ivy growing everywhere and the left side of the house looking like it was about to collapse at any moment.

The walls were also black, as though a fire had occurred.

The situation in the yard was no better. There were overgrown grasses, decaying plants, and flowers all over the place. The entire place appeared to be deserted.

"Is this it?" She inquired, her gaze falling on the two boys, who nodded.

They entered the run-down house and walked towards the stairs. They went to the big shelf against the wall instead of descending the stairs. Chenle simply shoved the large shelf toward the side with one hand, sending dust flying everywhere.

Damin had to admit she found his peculiarity quite fascinating because he barely put any effort in pushing the shelf yet it successfully moved to the side.

She was perplexed when she discovered that there was nothing behind the shelf; it looked exactly like any other wall. Jisung, on the other hand, tugged the small rope that was hidden and a small door opened.