8

Naruto awoke to his first day in the Mist to a messenger knocking on the door, Mei had awoken before him so she answered it. It was a messenger-nin, informing them that the council want to see just how powerful Naruto was. Mei sighed, she had been expecting this, "Sorry Naruto-kun, I know you were hoping to go and find Zawabo and Mizura right away, but they won't stop until you show them what you can do...come to think of it, I don't think I fully know what you can do."

Naruto gave his classic foxy grin, "Well then, come by and watch with the council. After all, you need to know how freaking awesome your husband is."

Mei laughed, "alright then, you get dressed and lets get going, those old pricks don't like to be kept waiting."

Naruto reached the council room, Kubikiribōchō strapped on his back and his soon to be wife by his side, "alright, I heard you guys wanted to see just what I can do, so lets get out to the training grounds so I don't blow the roof of this place."

One of the councilmen sneared, "you seem pretty cocky short stack."

Naruto shot him a grin, "wait do you hold off on calling me cocky until you see what I can do."

They all nodded and went down to the training grounds, "I've got people to go see so lets make this quick," Naruto said and made about a dozen shadow clones.

They all started to mutter about large chakra reserves, and Naruto just kept smirking, "You guys haven't seen anything yet."

The clones began to go through hand signs, one used Great Breakthrough, another Slicing Aie Palms, Cyclone Shuriken was done by one of them. and two of them helped Naruto perform a Rasengan, while another used a wind enhanced Kubikiribōchō to slice through several logs . The council was stunned at the pure display of power, this kid was definitely chunin material, hell he might have been jonin material, "Impressive, we understand you can summon the legendary boss toad, may we see it?"

Naruto shook his head, "hell no, if I called him for something like this, he'd kill me."

The council nodded, "fine, we're satisfied with your display and rank, you are dismissed."

Mei walk over with a large smile on her face, "very impressive, you'll be a jonin in no time if you keep this up."

Naruto shot her another foxy grin, "well I need to be strong if I'm marrying the Mizukage."

Mei leaned over and gave him a small peck on the lips, "I suppose you do, Mizura is on a mission, but he should be back later today, go and find Zawabo for now, he's at a training ground just east of here."

Naruto nodded, "alright see you later."

Naruto went east until he found a burned training ground, he felt safe to assume Zawabo was here. He found him practicing a fire jutsu on one of the trees, he looked about 14, he stopped when he saw Naruto coming, "hey there, can I help you with something?" he asked cheerfully.

Naruto smiled at him, "I'm Naruto, and I was wondering if I could get some help with my wind jutsu, I know you're not much better than me with it, but it's still nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of."

Zawabo looked up in realization, "Oh, you're Mei's soon to be husband, it's nice to finally meet you, I'm Zawabo, but I guess you already knew that. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can, Mei's a close friend of mine."

Naruto nodded, "yeah Mei mentioned that, which reminds me, will you be in the wedding as one of the groomsmen, she made some of my friends bridesmaids, it only makes sense to make some of hers groomsmen?"

Zawabo smiled brightly, "of course, it'd be my pleasure. Who all else is gonna be in the wedding?"

Naruto thought for a second, "you wouldn't know any of my friends, the only ones you would know is Rituji and Huyri."