XIII

It was the first time after a long while

The exchange between Dr. Tan and Elijah Xia was a realm of knowledge inaccessible to the incompetent.

Even the panel could not intervene with the heated discussion. Elijah left no loopholes in every of his statements, providing no chance for other students to refute his claims.

Such an impractical genius.

Andrei Sun gritted his teeth in anger. They were so focused on Yulia Lim that they had forgotten the biggest threat- Elijah Xia.

He quickly raised his hand despite the protests of his groupmates. "How can you be so sure your claims are correct? Have you verified the sources one by one?"

What the fuck is that nonsensical question?

All heads snapped to his direction. It seemed the desperate guy had reached his limit, thoughtlessly interrupting a highly theoretical discussion with his off-beat question.

"Realistically, there's only little chance to completely verify each of them given the time limit," Elijah simply answered, his eyes holding no emotion towards the other guy. "Hence why we gathered several other sources with related or similar information to support each particular claim. Reliable sources, I may add."

"So you're saying you're not sure?," Andrei scoffed. "How can you present something you're not a hundred percent sure of?!"

He must be out of his mind.

Most students present were completely vexed by Andrei and wished Elijah would shut the hell out of him.

"We conduct studies to gather information and produce knowledge," Elijah sighed. "We do not take the 'perfect' and reiterate it. Have you really no idea why it is called a defense and not a middle school reporting?"

"But you're not even sure of your sources!," Andrei contended, getting up from his seat.

Elijah's gaze rested on him, unamused. "Let me ask you, then, since you seem to be taking up our time to trap me into answering your irrelevant questions. How sure are you of your sources?"

"Wh-what?"

Panic rose among the group when Daniel handed Elijah a copy of their own study. The no-nonsense guy flipped through the pages and scanned the last one. "I guess none of you knows Wikipedia is not a reliable source then."

Snickers and giggles erupted throughout the room, even the panel who had tried their best not to engage looked entertained by the short-lived debate.