eight.

not proofread.

72 days left.

jeongguk had felt like she was losing her mind and it had only been three whole days.

she didnt know why, but having this non-sentient humanoid thing seemed to pop up wherever she was.

taehyung doesnt think jeongguk has gotten used to someone else in her house for more than a day at a time. taehyung had scammed her multiple times, analyzed any data she could, gathered anatomy data, and monitored stress levels, did all that she could.

it was just jeongguk being stressed from not being alone.

taehyung has learned that jeongguk just likes being alone, and that being around other people, including her friends had gotten her riled up because it didnt give her peace of mind, made her uncomfortable knowing that because she was around someone else she would have to watch what she said and did as to not embarrass herself.

taehyung could get behind the thought of that. in fact, upon finding out this reasoning taehyung had done an in depth research project in less than thirty minutes, just to completely grasp the idea of jeongguks isolation.

it was definitely a sight to see though.

taehyung could be doing anything, from sewing, to charging, to reading to cooking, and yet each time, if she was spotted by her owner, the woman would simply blush and sit awkwardly to do whatever she was there to do, and then get lost in her own world, practically forgetting taehyung was there in the first place and getting completely absorbed in her own little bubble. taehyung had to admit that it was cute.

on this particular day though, taehyung was already in the kitchen as jeongguk was preparing to leave for the supermarket, after compiling a list of things that taehyung said was needed in the house for dinners following the next few days.

she was ready there with a note containing the items she needed as well as a scarf, seeing as it was cold out and jeongguk was about to leave the house with nothing but a sweater and some sweatpants.

it irked jeongguk a little. why did taehyung have to be everywhere she was?

instead of speaking, taehyung wordlessly stuffed the note in the womans pocket and wrapped the scarf around the womans neck, before walking off to continue what she had been doing a few minutes prior.

jeongguk got upset.

why did taehyung have to act so domestic? was it in her programming? an act of free-will? did she feel obligated to?

it was confusing.

even when she explained that she hadnt harbored feelings for her, taehyung still stood there and smiled, showing attention to the woman, even with her being cut off and wanting isolation that she had before.

it had pissed jeongguk off that she was so sweet, and she hadnt even known why, she just was.

jeongguk opted for shrugging, lips pursing softly as she proceeded to leave the house, making her way toward the store.

taehyung, who was left alone in the house, had hummed once jeongguk left the estate, grabbing her manual off of the top shelf and sitting down on the couch to take a peek.

sure she was programmed with the basic knowledge of a few manual pages, and sure shes read some sections of her own but shes never actually taken the time to properly read every prolonging detail of her programming, in fears that if she did something would set her hardware off. robots were only supposed to know so much, anyhow.

she was 60 pages in, 235 left to go; and it was safe to say that she was completely immersed in what she had been reading, taking her time analyzing each and every sentence that was made visible to her eyes.

a lot of things had caught her attention, including texts of "sensuality modules" and "personification settings" that she had otherwise knew about.

becoming accustomed to these settings without jeongguks knowledge would really make her owner want to keep her right?

of course, taehyungs non-chalant acts when jeongguk expressed her distate in not being able to return her hurt her heart- so to speak. but she couldnt show that. and secretly she had been pondering ways to get jeongguk to keep her at the end of their 75 day marking period. she knew if jeongguk found out about her endeavors she would be dead meat for sure; well as dead as a robot could anyway.

this sort of information could prove useful to her main goal, and she was very pleased that she had decided to take a look for herself, although there was something she had noticed when she started reading.

markings. annotations. notes.

a lot of them.

if she wanted to she could do a handwriting scan to discover whos writing it was, but a part of her wanted to keep it as a suprise and also somewhere deep down she knows that she hasnt seen jeongguks actual handwriting, so even if it was jeongguks, she wouldnt be able to tell.

the only thing shes seen of jeongguks writing was her signature.

over, and over, and over again.

it was draining how much she saw it actually.

upon hearing the front door opening after a solid 3 hours of reading taehyung lifted her head, closing her sharpie and shoving the manual under the cushion of the love seat she resided on, smoothening it out while making her way to the kitchen with the sharpie tucked behind her ear, smiling with a low "welcome home" leaving her lips.

she proceeded to take the bags into her hands to unload them onto the counter so she could cook dinner, eyes low as she put things away into their respective places.

"tae."

the robot lifted her head as if a dog to their master, quick and obedient.

"yes, miss?"

jeongguk motioned to the sharpie behind the robots ear, eyebrow raised and head tilted as she shrugged her sweater from off of her shoulders leaving her in a white tank top. she gently folds it and holds it in her hands with her eyes boring into the robots own.

"sudoku."

"hm?"

"i was playing sodoku."

at that moment, taehyung had attained a new skill,

lying.