Recovery

Abhimanyu

*Abhimanyu carries Akshara to the guest bedroom and makes her lie down...
He gets the first aid kit and takes care of the physical wounds. As he sees the finger imprints on her wrist, his fury grows to another level...
He lifts up her wrist and kisses it gently as tears roll down his eyes...*

I'm sorry Akshara, I'm so so sorry...I should have never let this happen...please baby, forgive me...

*He stays up all night, holding her close to his chest, with his arm wrapped around her...

He barely leaves her side except for the ten minutes where he was discussing Nikhil's fate with Kairav.

"You barely left him alive Abhimanyu, but I promise that whatever little life is left in him, he'll spend it behind bars!" Kairav had told him.

But Abhimanyu wasn't satisfied...he wanted to kill the bastard who had hurt his wife...

As the flashbacks of the video he saw play in his mind all night, he only wishes to bury the man alive.

Around 3 am, Akshara screams in her sleep, her hands trying to get away from Abhi's grip while she begged to let her go...

Abhimanyu's heart breaks as he sees her in so much pain...

xx

Akshara

*Akshara wakes up in Abhi's arms and finds him awake...his eyes look really tired and she knows he didn't sleep for even a second.

As the incidents of the previous day come rushing back, she tears up...*

"Akshara....shhh" Abhi wipes her tears and kisses her forehead...

"Abhi-I---" she hides her face in his chest and cries.

*Abhimanyu holds her until her tears run dry...
He then helps her take a shower and feeds her breakfast*

"Akshara... we're going to meet Dr. Pavitra at the Birla Hospital..." he says as he forcefully makes her eat, despite her constant refusal.

"She's a therapist and she'll help you-"

"I don't want to see a therapist Abhi!" Akshara cries.

"Baby, I love you. I love you more than anything else in this world. And there is no way I'm watching you suffer like this...

And it's not just about what happened yesterday...

Baby you've been having panic attacks for a long time now. I will not see my wife go through so much of pain.

I will be there with you every single moment of it. You'll never have to face anything alone...but we're doing this, okay?"

*She nods and hugs him tightly*

xx

1 month later...

Abhimanyu

"I don't want to live even a single day away from you Akshara..." Abhi makes a sad face...

"It's just a matter of two days, baba" she smiles.

"Just two days? TWO FULL DAYS! How will I get through them?"

"You are such a drama queen Abhi" she giggles... "We'll be meeting during these two days also!" She teases him.

"Alright, alright...but after that, you'll be with me forever, you are not going away from me for even a second!"

*Akshara laughs and gets off the bike and kisses Abhi's cheek...
His takes her hand and kisses it*

"See you tomorrow, Mrs. Birla" he teases her.

"There are still two days left to be Mrs. Birla" she sticks out her tongue and runs inside...

*As Abhi drives away, he thinks of how the past one month went by...

On the first day of therapy, Akshara was really reluctant to share anything with Dr. Pavitra... She barely spoke and just nodded her head...

But Dr. Pavitra is a very experienced doctor who knew her way around...

She engaged Akshara in various conversations regarding music and other things she liked and even helped her use music to treat her anxiety...

Slowly, Akshara opened up about her past- her parents, their death, her equation with Aarohi over the years, her fear of losing her loved ones...

But when the doctor started discussing about the incident with Nikhil, Akshara was surprisingly very brave...

She did have nightmares every few nights but she was learning to cope...

The families decided that it was better for the both of them to stay together in this tough time and so Akshara shifted back to the Birla House but they stayed in the guest room as their bedroom was being renovated...

Every day Abhi slept with Akshara in his arms and he could see the positive changes in her... She started sleeping better after two weeks of therapy...

Last week, she even told Abhi that she was ready to go for the therapy sessions alone...

Even though Abhi was reluctant, he decided to give her space...

Nobody talked about the wedding because every one wanted to give Akshara the time to heal...

But last week, she herself brought up the topic and the date was then set...

They are going to get married two days from now...

Abhi thinks of how his life has changed in the past few months and looks up at the sky and thanks his stars for helping him find his true love!

Author's Note: The Abhira wedding is almost here!

Please do give your feedback :')