Chapter 1

Camilla's POV

I awoke the same way I have for the past 9 years, in pain. My father left me with my mom when I was younger, and my mother got a new boyfriend called Pedro when I was 7. Pedro got mom into some real bad stuff like drugs and heavy drinking. 

Everyday is the same. I wake up at 5am in order to have breakfast ready by 6 which is when they get up, then Pedro will do round one of beating which I treat before leaving to school in the only clothes I own, an over sized hoodie and jeans. When I get home Pedro and mom are out, usually out drinking or buying/selling drugs. I usually don't have any food during the day so when I get home from school I get some food from the kitchen and put it in a backpack, I usually walk around the house and collect some money and other loose items. After that I make dinner then go to my room and do my work. Then mom and Pedro come home at around 8:30pm to beat me again. After all of this I go to bed and it all happens again the next day. But not today, once I get home from school I am plating my homemade bomb that will go off by the motions sensors at the front door. Luckily there are no security cameras around or outside our house. 

Getting up, my ribs throbbed and I doubled over in pain, why was my life like this. I'll be able to escape this rot soon, I thought to myself. I forced myself up and hobbled down the stairs into the kitchen in time to make then breakfast. I cooked some eggs and bacon for them making sure not to burn or under cook anything. I had just finished making breakfast when mom and Pedro came down, I looked down at the eggs that were sitting on the plate waiting to be taken over and saw that one of them had the slightest burn, even though I knew that this was going to get me a beating, so was bringing breakfast out late.

I took over the eggs and bacon to the table and Pedro inspected it like he always does. When he got up to the 'burnt' egg, he looked over, "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS YOU LITTLE SLUT?" He yelled as he walked over to me with his bear bottle still in hand. I couldn't help but to scream shrilly which is something that I'm not allowed to do in case the neighbors hear me. "JOHN CALL THE POLICE I CAN HEAR SCREAMS NEXT DOOR!!!" We all heard Sally our neighbor scream. Pedro's eyes widened, not only showing anger but now also showing fear. He looked over to mom and they both jumped up and ran upstairs. 

It was about 5 minutes before I heard a knock on the door and a gruff voice calling out "Police, open up now or I will be forced to break down this door, just so you know there is no escape. We have the house surrounded." I smirked and walked upstairs to go and pack the little of stuff that I had into a shopping bag. I packed my teddy Mr Snuffles and a photo of my dad which I found in the fireplace once. I heard a crash from downstairs and I knew it was the police officer breaking down the door like they said they would. 

I heard mom and Pedro scrambling about in the room across from mine, smirking again I went downstairs with my most scared expression even though I knew that they were the police and weren't going to hurt me, I wanted to make sure that mom and Pedro got into as much trouble as possible. I hobbled down the stairs again and made sure to let out a very load gasp of pain. This caused for the police officer to run into the hallway with their gun extended. 

I started crying and they lowered the gun fast and ran over to me. "Hello, I'm Officer Grant, are your parents here." Officer Grant looked at me with pity in his eyes as he said this. "D-don't make m-m-e go back to th-hem." I said sobbing "They are upstairs." with that Officer Grant talked into his walkie talkie and said "Si, ho trovato una ragazza.Entra e prendila. (Yes, I found the girl. Come inside and get her.)" obviously he doesn't know that I speak Italian.

An Hour Later

About an hour ago, some police officers and paramedics came to my house and took me to the hospital where they then did blood tests to see if I had any other family since mom and Pedro got arrested. I am just waiting for the results now but I know I don't have any since mom told me that dad passed away a couple of years ago and how both of them were only children just like me. What if the people that foster me are just like mom and Pedro? I started thinking about that when the doctor's voice interrupted my train of thought. "We have located your brothers, they are coming to pick you up in 10 hours, since they have to fly all the way from Italy." Did I hear him right? BROTHERS?

*****

Sorry for the late update, I have had a lot going on.

The next chapter will be Giovanni's POV 

Have a nice day :)