{▪︎¤killer AI¤▪︎}

"I dont think she has any idea mantah corp is bad news, which makes them double evil lying liars!" Sammy whispered to me and darius.

"'Unauthorized life form detected in sector four..elimination protocol initiated..' oh, that sounds extreme.." mae read.

"Whats 'elimination protocol'?" Darius asked.

---

We ran through the trees towards a green light in the distance.

Me, sammy and darius hide before mae confronts the weird, dog-like robot ahead.

"OI!" She called, catching the robots attention, the robot scanned her and we noticed a dead compy at her feet.

*Dr. Mae Turner, Authorized Life Form..What Can I Do To Assist You?* the robot asked, its 'eyes' changing from cyan to white rapidly as it spoke.

"Never do that again for starters..you killed a compsognathus i could have studied! We dont have any here on the island..why would you do that?" Mae asked, motioning to the charred compy at her feet.

*Primary Directive Is To Protect Biome Ecostasis..Unrecognized Lifeforms Pose A Threat To Ecostasis...Finishing Patrol..* the robot explained, beginning to turn around.

"Wait!" Mae called, to keep it from seeing the other four.

"Uh, no, nevermind.." she dismissed, the robot turned around and continued to scan around the area, mae walked back over to us.

"Thank goodness youre all okay.." mae said.

"What was that thing?" Ben asked.

"One of the BRADs; Bio Robotic Assistance Droids..they care for the island, but i had no idea they did that!" mae explained.

"You mean killing?" Brooklynn asked.

"Back to the cave..the BRADs arent authorized to go in there, youll be safe inside..and then, you can explain why you lied to me, and why you were out here in the first place!" Mae said.

---

"After everything mantah corp said they'd do to my family, can you blame us for not trusting you?" Sammy asked.

"No, i suppose not..but the work im doing is good..how can understanding dinosaurs be bad?" Mae asked.

"Yeah? well, until five minutes ago, you thought those BRADs were just friendly assistants.." brooklynn said.

"Okay, the BRADs were programmed to protect the biomes..i dont think anyone anticipated seven kids and a compy showing up unannounced...drat..its almost dinner time.." mae muttered the last bit after the tablet beeped.

"What, you getting takeout?" Kenji asked.

"Dinner time for the t.rexes..i get the rare opportunity to observe mother-daughter eating habits..its actually suprisingly sweet..until i can figure out how to ensure your safety, you all remain here.." mae said.

"Stay away from killer robots and dinosaurs? Yeah, no problem.." yaz said.

Me, sammy and darius looked at eachother before following her out.