𝟸𝟾. 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜

SPARKS

28. I promise you this

 I promise you this

April 18th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  THE NEXT THREE DAYS blended together as Josephine and Jack tried to process everything carefully and plan out what they would do once they arrived at the docks. Josephine, for one, could not wait to finally touch land once more after the horrid experience she had.

  She had not seen anyone from her family again after her little talk with Rose, and she only hoped her cousin had made up her mind and decided to leave the dreadful Ruth and Cal. but still, it was no longer her business and there was nothing she could do about the situation any longer.

  Jack had started going back to normal after the events, yet his eyes still held a small sadness to them which Josephine would take away in an instant if she could. They had spent the majority of the time sitting in each other's arms, either sleeping or simply conversing and giving each other support.

  She had told him about the fact that she wished to disappear from society's views, live on with a different name - and they had thought of a few ideas as to what she could do before settling on something that neither of them even mentioned, yet both thought of.

  As the Carpathia started learning New York, the skies started turning darker, and soon enough, patterns of rain began falling atop the ship as it was overtaken by dark clouds. Josephine thought it set the mood quite well - seeing as most everyone that had been rescued by the ship had lost something and their hearts were quite filled with gloom.

  Josephine and Jack had their arms wrapped around each other as the rain fell down on their skin, making their hair stick to their skin as they were hiding under a blanket to no avail. Her eyes had been closed for a while as she listened to the soft sounds of the rain.

  "Josie," Jack called into her ear "open your eyes."

  She did as she was told, and a small frown painted her lips as he moved away from her embrace and stood up. As he offered her his hand, she grabbed it without a second thought, allowing him to pull her up to her feet.

  He brought her over to the railing of the ship, and Josephine widened her eyes as she looked at the scene before her. Under the droplets of rain that were falling from the sky, the Statue of Liberty was towering over the ship - a true symbol of freedom.