𝟷𝟺. 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎

SPARKS

14. you can't save me

 you can't save me

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "PROTECT THEM BY THY GUIDING HAND," first-class passengers sang out "from every peril on the land."

  Josephine looked down at the music book in her hands as she tried to follow along with the lyrics, although her head was up in the clouds. She contemplated all that had happened in the past hours; from being with Jack to being scolded by Cal and her aunt.

  "O spirit, whom the Father sent," she sang along with everyone else "to spread across the firmament."

  On one side, she had already left Jack standing alone after saying her goodbyes; and although she did not want to, she had prepared herself for not seeing him again. But the last words he spoke to her were still glued in her mind 'they're sucking the life out of you.' And although she had tried to ignore that warning, he was right. Now especially, she was certain that her fate was to marry as soon as the ship docked. 

  "Oh wind of heaven, by thy might," the voices carried on singing "save all who dare the eagle's flight. And keep them by thy watchful eye-"

  Meanwhile, Jack was darting down the steps towards the very room Josephine was in. After thinking it through, he came to the conclusion that there was no way he would allow her to slip away so easily. Not without a bigger fight.

  His ears captured the sound of everyone singing, and although it surprised even himself, he was able to pick up her voice amongst everyone else's.

  "Hello, Mr. Andrews," he greeted the man with a smile when he walked past.

  "Hello, Jack," Mr. Andrews nodded kindly, not even bothering to ask him to return to third-class.

  Following the sound of singing, Jack headed towards two white doors, similar to the ones he had walked through when he went to dine the last evening. However, as he approached the doors, two employees stopped him in his tracks.

  "Sir-" the first employee spoke softly.

  "I just need to talk to somebody really quick-" Jack interjected.

  "Sir, you're not supposed to be here," the man pushed Jack slightly, his tone still professional.

  "Just need to speak to someone," Jack raised his voice as he tried to dart past the employee, his eyes searching through the glass for Josephine.