𝟸𝟽. 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚗

SPARKS

27. let it in

April 15th, 1912

April 15th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

EVERYTHING STILL FELT UNEASY, as if the true reality of the events that had occurred had not yet sunk in. People around the deck were still wrapped in blankets as they silently mourned the deaths of their loved ones.

As for Jack and Josephine, they were silently seated beside each other, their hands intertwined as they tried to process everything that had happened. Their minds were running with worry for their other loved ones - Josephine thought of Samantha and Rose, meanwhile, Jack was wondering if Fabrizio and Tommy had managed to save themselves.

"I think the shock still hasn't worn off," Josephine whispered to him, her eyes still trained forwards. "I should be crying after everything I saw - but I can't."

"I don't think anyone here has really allowed it all to set in," Jack mumbled, his face looking more downcast than she had ever seen it "it's just all too much."

"I'll never forget it, Jack," Josephine turned her eyes to his "the screams and all the dead bodies. And then thinking I had lost you was just the last straw. I almost gave up when you didn't answer me the second time I called."

"Why didn't you?" He asked as his eyes ran over her face.

"I promise you I would never give up, didn't I?" Josephine smiled "so I didn't give up - not on myself and most definitely not on you."

Jack nodded, a small smile of appreciation tugging on his lips, but still, he said nothing else. Although he knew from the second he began that poker game that his life was about to change, he would have never imagined that winning that ticket would have changed his life this much.

Meeting Josephine had been a whirlwind - between admiring her from afar, to saving her from herself, becoming her friend, feeling an undeniable attraction, and that moment when he realized he was in love, no matter how soon it seemed. Everything had been so rushed and sudden.

He had spoken truly when they were in those frigid waters - he really was grateful. But still, Jack could not help but feel for the others that had not been so lucky as to survive, and he held onto hope that his friends had been able to make it out; although he did doubt it.

He had spent the majority of his life surviving situations that most people would crack under, and doing it with a smile on his face. But when he thought he was going to die, fear had crept up on him like never before - the strangest thing was that looking back on it, he had been more scared of losing her than anything else, and that fact also scared him. He feared she would leave and he would be all alone again.