《6》Picnic Joke

-6 P.M-

(Geno's POV)

I was trying to enjoy myself a fruit salad on my couch while listening to some tunes, until I heard my front door open.

Great. I guess he's back now-

As I had that thought, Reaper went over to me with his arms crossed and a sort of disapointed/annoyed look??..

Did I do somethin'?

"Why didn't you tell me we could have partners???"

Reaper looks a little pissed..

Is this why he looks upset? Because I didn't tell him??- Unbelievable..

"I thought you read the flyer-"

"You think I have the time and motivation to read??"

Reaper raised an 'eyebrow' at me.

"Well apparently not.." I grumbled.

"..Anyways, I have been thinking about it while I was gone, and I had an idea,"

Reaper then looked at me with an enthusiastic face

"How about we become partners for the competition?"

...

..Oh hell no.

Last time I worked with a partner, he and I lost. Just because he couldn't keep up with me.

I am not letting that happen again.

"Sorry Reaps, but that ain't gonna happen." I stated firmly.

"Why? Just cuz ya lost in that one competition?"

"That's exactl- ..."

I stopped abruptly.

Did he just say that?. But.. I never told him about that...

I looked up to Reaper warily.

"I never told you that.."

Reaper then smirked and sat on the other side of the couch

"Rumors,"

Oh.

Nevermind then.
People in this town are very nosy and gossip a lot. They can easily say anything about anyone, this includes me sadly.

"People should really mind their own business, and that includes you."

"Everyone just talks, and it's hard to ignore what is being spoken about people."

"...I guess that's true.." I sighed in defeat.

"So, what do you think? Wanna be partners?" Reaper grinned.. excitedly?-

"No thanks, I ain't doing partner stuff anymore. Sorry, but not sorry."

"Aw c'mon, you think you can't catch up with me?" Reaper said while coming over to me and nudging me.

"...Pardon?"

"I said, you think you can't catch up with me?"

"HAH! If anything, it should be the other way around, you can't catch up with me."

"Now why is that? I believe I am definitely better" Reaper stated rather firmly.

"Fine. If you think you're so much, we will find out who is better at the end of the contest."

(Reaper's POV)

"So, is that a yes?" I said with a slight tone of triumph in my voice.

"What? No- I meant we will see who is better at the end of the contest, me vs you."