《2》A Bet

(Nobody's POV)

Geno and Reaper had both received flyers to participate in the contest, just like Ink had said.

Geno was excited to see the paper, he liked participating in events like these. And this contest in particular, was special.

Reaper, could care less. He didn't even glance at the rules or warnings. He signed the paper right then and there.

"That's very careless y'know? You don't know what you're gonna be going up against." Geno shook his head in dissaproval.

Reaper rolled his eyes.

"I don't care. As long as there's a good prize, I'll risk anything."

Geno shrugged.

If Reaper died in the contest, he wouldn't have to share his home anymore. So that was to advantage.

And after reading the rules and warnings, he found out Reaper wouldn't die in the contest. He'd probably get hurt, but sadly, not get killed.

Geno signed the paper either way.

-Next Day-

Geno made sure to keep a close eye on Reaper, just like he had promised himself. He wasn't going to allow Reaper to do anything stupid or idiotic during his stay.

(Reaper's POV)

Shit, that guy has really been buggin' me, he never lets me be. I don't get much privacy, I understand I am still a stranger to him, but this ridiculous! I'm going to have to do something about this.

"Hey, I know we started off on the wrong foot, so why not start from the beginning?" I said while extending my hand for Geno to shake.

Geno glared at my hand and scoffed, going back to what he was doing.

"You can lower your hand, I don't want to 'start from the beginning'," Geno replied without shaking my hand.

"And why not?-" I asked awkwardly putting my hand away.

"It takes a long while to become someones friend. I don't become friends with people right away y'know. You have to share good memories together in order to be considered friends. Something we both haven't done." He told me while grabbing some food to feed his chickens.

(Geno's POV)

Is this guy really that stupid?? You can't just be friends right away with somebody you just met a day ago.. Well, I suppose you could, but I am not those types of people who befriends just anyone.

-A while later-

(Nobody's POV)

Geno had gotten used to Reaper's presence, but was still very cautious of him. Reaper had started helping in Geno's ranch... A little-

Geno had also started to talking to Reaper a bit more nicely, but he still spoke rudely every once in a while when he had the chance.

(Reaper's POV)

I was helping Geno with feeding his horse and grooming them.
I heard that her name is Vanilla, and she seems to like me more than she likes Geno. Heh, ut irritates him a lot. It's hilarious seeing him jealous of the fondness his horse has over me.

I don't know much about the contest.. So all I could do was ask Geno. The paperwork didn't really explain much about the contest, it just talked about what you would win and nothing more. (Not that I read the whole flyer anyways.)

I have heard people saying that they were going to try and win 'this year'? Meaning this contest had been done as a type of tradition or anual thing, so maybe Geno would know, he supposedly has lived here for a long while.