Chapter 5 : Inn

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[Time skip]

[3rd pov]

It's evening now, the sun was setting down.

Mary's stomach was grumbling, begging to be filled right away.

She grabbed her lunchbox that was prepared by her parents, in case that she was hungry in the journey.

After some minutes later...

A signboard can be seen after a several of hours of traveling.

The horse carriage stopped at the front of the signboard.

"My lady, we are here. I'm sorry for not able to go any further, please forgive this servant. " The man in his late 30 said with a disappointment for not be able see her again.

" It's alright, I'm sorry for troubling you, Mr. Joshua. Tell my parents that they doesn't need to worry about me, please." The young woman said with a reassuring tone.

Mary step down the carriage with ease and  dusting off her dress.

The man helped her with the suitcases and bid a goodbye to the young woman.

The carriage was no where to be seen as Mary was left behind.

Mary heaved out a deep breath as she continue her journey.

She walked into the forest, heading to the nearby village with the help of the map along with her compass that was given by her father.

[Time skip]

[1st pov]

After a long walk that's seemed to take forever for me, I've seen a village along with the people of course.

'Finally, a place for me to stay!'

Heading towards a young lady I approached and asked her about directions, also telling her that I was new in Arkanda. A new adventurer, you say.

The person named Amaya Grace, she was so kind to take me for a tour around the village.

We go to the 'bank' first ( I don't know what it was called so correct me if I'm wrong ) to convert the money so it would be useful when I want to trade or buying things.

After the tour...

We reached to an inn, I ask her if she want to be my friend and she agreed.

I waved her a goodbye and walking into the inn.

I was so lucky that this inn still have a vacant room, I give the money to the receptionist to rent the room. I was quite uncertain about how long I will stay there.

Even though I want to travel to many places, I have yet to search for a job to survive.

'Life sure was pretty suck...'

Heading to the upstairs with suitcases in my hands, I putted them down to twist the door knob.

I take my suitcases with me and set my foot into the room.

This small room is so comfy, it has a bed, a lamp table, a window and a study table.

There was also a restroom that mixed with the bathroom.

Even though it's looked decent, this is more than enough.

After taking a quick shower, dryed her hair, styling it to a braid and wearing a new clothes. Also stuffing the dirty clothes into the basket.

I take my purse and go out to have a dinner.

The sun is completely out of the sight and the moon was seen, shining along with stars.

'it was night already...'

I arrived at the restaurant, heading to upstairs to have good view of the night.

[Time skip]

After eating the dinner with such an ease, I goes back to the inn.

Arrived in my room, I  changed my clothes into my sleeping gown.

I plopped myself onto the bed as I slowly drifting off to sleep.

' I hope the next day would be my lucky day...'

[Author messages]

[How's the story so far?]

[Chapter 6 coming soon!]

[Stay safe everyone!]

[To be continued...]

[619 words]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>