Chapter 4 : Family

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
[This is edited]

[Time skip]

[3rd pov]

The carriage finally arrived at the family mansion.

Duchess Julieta strech out her left hand towards Mary, helping her daughter step out from the carriage.

[Time skip]

Duke Armond pulled out a scroll from a bookshelf and benting it on the table.

The pair of mother and daughter take a look on it with a curiosity on their faces, wondering on why the head of the family let them see a map of their neighboring kingdom, Kingdom of Arkanda.

"As you can see, this is the map of Arkanda." Duke Armond said with seriousness on his face.

"Mary, I will give you this map along with a compass. You have to go there alone, neither me or mother will help you with your adventure. You have to grow independent, my dear Mary." He said with a strict tone but if we hear it closely, there was a bit of fear in it.

"Don't worry father, I will take care of myself." Mary said with determination in her eyes.

Both Duchess Julieta and Duke Armond glanced at each other with disbelief in their eyes.

Since when did their daughter was so excited about this?

Did she really want to leave them?

Mary seemed to notice their odd actions, she quickly give them a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, mother and father." Her parents snapped out from their thoughts and hug back their precious daughter.

They were relieved that their daughter still loves them.

They break off their hug and Mary peck her parents in the cheek earning a warm smile from her parents.

"Now, let's go to your chamber to pack your belongings and things you needs to bring with you, Mary." Her father said with a glimpse of gloom in his voice.

They risen up and goes to Mary's chamber together, hands on hands.

[Time skip]

They're done with the packaging, one suitcase for clothes, one small chest full of makeup and accessories and the last one for her daily life.

It's looks like when you're going to school's hostel.

Oh, and don't forget about the money. They will help you to get an inn when you get there.

After finishing the packing up things, the parent sat down on the bed while their daughter lay down on bed and prepare herself to sleep.

Duchess Julieta begin singing a lullaby as her father Duke Armond strumming a guitar. ( Does guitars even exist on that time? Let's just pretend it does, shall we?)

"Good night, Sweetie. Sweet dream." Duchess Julieta said kiss Mary's forehead.

"Don't forget to wake up tomorrow, love you." Duke Armond said with a caring tone.

"Good night, father, mother. Sweet dream and love you both." Mary said, yawning a little at how late it is at night.

Her parents waves her daughter goodbyes as they slowly closed the door.

1st pov

The doors was closed completely, I stared at the ceiling.

I got up from my bed, walking towards the balcony to take a look outside.

There was a countless stars in the sky, a moon shining brightly trying to compete with the stars.

We can guess and pick the winner but for me, it was equally amazing.

After stargazing and moon gazing, I walked back into my chamber and plopped myself against the bed. I slowly falls to sleep.

[Time skip]

3rd pov

Mary woke up and prepare herself for the morning with the help of the maids.

While she is walking to the garden, she spotted her parents have a talk in the garden.

Mary greet them and give them a morning hug making them smile.

"Duke Armond, sorry for ruining the moments. Breakfast are ready to be served." The butler said with a bow.

"Yes, you may go now." Father said with a calm demeanor.

The butler retreats and closed the doors.

"Let's go, you must be hungry now after all of that trip." Her father said with a chuckle as Mary's stomach grumble at the mention of foods.

"That stomach of yours must be really hungry, Sweetie. Let's not waste any more time and we will makes sure you're filled with food so you'll have many energy when travelling~" Duchess Julieta teases her daughter along with a smile.

"Okay, let's go!!!" Mary said childishly as she grab their hands, running in the halls towards the dining room.

A genuine smile plastered on their faces as they play along with their daughter.

The maids, butlers even the knights, they smiled at the scenes that were unfolding in front of them.

They always saw them cheerfully playing together, it was so lovely and homelike to them.

They wish the family treats them nicely too, they really miss their own family.

They hate to admit that they doesn't want their young lady to go. Without her, this place will be less livelier. It felt... empty. They wish these moments will last forever.

[Time skip]

"Yay, we are here!" Mary said cheerfully looking at the foods with sparkling eyes.

It doesn't matter to the others even if she act childishly on the age of 18 years old.

They sat at the table, the parents already told the chefs to prepare every breakfast dishes she adores.

"Let's eat together, shall we?" Duke Armond said, gesturing to the dinner in front of them.

[Time skip]

They were having breakfast together. There was many meals that you can imagine for a perfect breakfast.

They chatted together along with jokes too. It was truly a lively atmosphere.

After they finished with their breakfast, they accompany their daughter to the carriage as she take off this morning.

The suitcases was inside the carriage with the help of the butlers.

The driver was a trustworthy man of the Welson family, so the trip will be safe and sound.

Before Mary get into the horse carriage, she hugged her parents for the last time.

Bidding them a goodbye, she sat back on her seat. The road was bumpy so she better be careful.

Glancing towards the window, she heaved out a sigh as the mansion was no longer in her view.

' I can't wait for the adventure that will awaiting for me!'

' mother, father I will miss you guys too. '

[Author messages]

[How's the story so far?]

[Sorry for editing this chapter so suddenly ]

[I hope you guys a good health]

[Chapter 5 will be coming soon!]

[To be continued]

[1075 words]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>