step eight: don't let him kiss you

step eight: don't let him kiss you (even if you've pictured it in your head a million times, bitch don't you fuckin' dare.)

•••••••••••••

So, naturally, Abigail was livid.

I spilled everything. From that day at the Starbucks when Ed gave me his number, to our 'paint date'. And the only thing Abi could come up with after I'd told her was a somber, "You could've at least got me a burger."
She didn't speak to me for four days straight, which was like forever when it came to our friendship.

When she did finally talk to me, it was because of Edward. I had left my phone on the table while we were [silently] eating dinner together. Ed had been blowing my phone up with texts and calls, but I hadn't answered a single one. I felt too guilty to talk to him.

Texts from Ed piled up on the lockscreen:
« taylor :(
« dude, please talk to me
« are you okay ? is everything fine with abi ?
« i'm so sorry :(

Abigail could see the texts, and I was aware of that. She stared at me expectantly while I pretended not to notice.

"Aren't you gonna answer him ?" She asks softly.

"No ?"

"Why not ?"

I shrugged, still avoiding eye contact. "Why would I ?"

I could hear the scraping of her fork against her plate, then a small sigh. "Just talk to him, Taylor."

"No. Why the hell would I do that, Abigail ?" She looked up sharply when I called her 'Abigail'. She knows I only call her that when I'm upset.

"Because you want to, Taylor."

"But you don't want me to. So I won't."

"Look, I don't care anymore. I'm sorry. But you understand why I got so upset, right ?"

"Yes Abi. I shouldn't have kept that from you, that's not what best friends do."

"Yeah that, and.. I was jealous. Like why didn't he wanna hang out with me too ?" and then she starts pouting and I absolutely hate when she pouts cause it's the cutest thing ever and I just wanna hug her every time she does it.

So I do.

I step around to the other side of the table and wrap my arms around her from behind. "I think he'd totally want to hang out with you, babe. In fact, he told me you have a really cute personality... and he loves your hair."

Abigail giggles, flipping her curly red hair, "Us gingers gotta stick together." We just finish our dinner after our little makeup session and I decide to text Ed back.

» Hey...

Not even five seconds later, he replied:

« dude what happened ?

» Well, Abi was really upset. Like we stopped talking for days. And I felt guilty so I stopped texting you... Sorry.

« is abs alright ? ugh i feel bad :(

» Yeah, we're good now. But next time you make plans, we should definitely invite her.

« no problem :) how about tomorrow we all go get some ice cream together ?

"Abi, wanna go out for ice cream tomorrow ?"

"Sure."

❀❀❀❀❀❀