step six: don't let him stay the weekend

step six: don't let him stay the weekend (honestly, what was i thinking ?)

•••••••••••••

"Life's what you make it, so let's make it rock !"

"Let's make it rock!"

"Life's what you make it, so come on !"

"C'mon !"

"Come on."

"Everybody now !"

So about ten minutes into Ed's little weekend visit, we decided it was appropriate to dance around the house to Hannah Montana songs. Why ? Because all her albums were lit and shouldn't be slept on.

"I feel like an adolescent teen again," Ed comments when the song ends. We're out of breath from all the jumping and dancing and belching lyrics at the top of our lungs. It's like two in the morning now, almost three, but we're still hype; probably because of all the coffee I made us when trying to prove to Ed that coffee is indeed better than tea. He loved my coffee. In fact, he drank damn near four cups of it. But he still insists that tea is "a trillion times better" than any coffee.

It hasn't worn off just yet, but we're subject to drop any minute now.

The next song that plays is One in a Million, and it's a little slower than the previous one. Ed and I plop down on the couch together, a little too close if you ask me. But Ed wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me even closer to him.

"And they say that good things take time. But really great things happen in the blink of an eye," Me and Ed sing along to the chorus of the song.

"Where am I sleeping tonight ?" Ed asks me as he strokes my arm softly.

"You could sleep on the couch. Or in Abi's room. Or on the rug.."

"Not with you ?" He asks. I scoff, "You know what happens when boys and girls sleep together, Edward."
He starts laughing.

"You know I wouldn't try anything, Taylor. I just don't wanna sleep in here by myself." Can I really trust him...

"Look, I'll even sleep on the opposite side of the bed," He offers. I feel a little bit better about that and end up giving him permission to sleep in my bed tonight.

Why do I feel so stupid ?

We retreat to my small bedroom in the very back of the house. Ed doesn't have a change of clothes for bed, so I give him a t-shirt that's too big for me, but snug on his body. I don't have a pair of pants for him to wear, so I raid Abigail's drawers to see if her little boy toy left any clothes over here from his last visit.

Luckily, he did. I sniff them to make sure they don't smell weird then let Ed try them on.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Be good," I tell him before stepping into the bathroom.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Stop touching me," I groan. Ed was on the opposite side of my bed, like he said he'd be, and he kept rubbing his feet against mine under the covers.

"You're so warm," He hummed, once again running his cold feet against my skin.

"Well I can't sleep with you doing that."

"I'm sorry," He sighed, curling up into a little ball to warm himself up. It was so cute, but now I felt bad. Why is he so cold anyways ? We have covers over us.

I grab my pillow and throw it to the other end of the bed, then I crawl over there and get under the covers next to Ed.

"So you decided to join me," He smiles.

"Shut up." I turn so that my back is facing Ed and close my eyes, waiting for slumber to take over. Seconds later, I can feel him getting closer to me and eventually he wraps an arm around my abdomen. And I'm really confused because I should want him to move, but I don't. I really, really don't.

"G'night."
"Night."

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Can I pleeeease have some nuggets ?"

"I'll think about it," I say while unlocking the door to my flat. Ed and I had just gotten some Wendy's and instead of the one order of nuggets I paid for, they accidentally gave me two. Turn the fuck up.

When I open the door, I see a redhead sitting on the couch. Oh no.

"Taylor ?" Abigail says, turning around on the couch. As soon as she catches sight of Ed, her phone drops to the floor, along with her jaw. Oh my god, what do I say ?

"Surprise !" Ed exclaims next to me. Oh right, we were gonna tell her this is a "surprise".

"Yeah, surprise !" I grin, rushing to the couch and giving her a big hug.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here ?!" She screams in Ed's direction. Before he has a chance to say anything, I answer her question.

"We bumped into each other at Wendy's, so I asked him if he could come over and surprise you when you got home, but y'know... you were already here."

Abigail covers her mouth with her hands and I can see tears welling up in her eyes. She really loves him.

"Thank you so much, Taylor! I can't believe this; Ed Sheeran is in my house !" Then she goes to hug Ed and I'm so glad I made her this happy, but I have the worst feeling in my stomach thinking about how I lied to my best friend so easily.

•••••••••••••

hello. i changed my user, yikes ✨