step four: don't let him stay the night

step four: don't let him stay the night (even if you have to drag him out your house by his toe nails)

•••••••••••••

"Nice. Real home-y."

Ed had just arrived to me and Abigail's shared flat and I was giving him a mini-tour of the residence.

"Thanks. I'm sure it's nothing compared to your palace, though."

"And what makes you think I live in a palace ?"

"All rich and famous people do, duh." He just shrugged so I assumed that meant I wasn't wrong.

"Speaking of which, why do you insist we be friends ?" He's literally a celebrity; he could be chatting it up with other celebrities yet he decides to talk to a random girl he met in a coffee shop.

Shit doesn't add up.

"Just because I'm a little more known than you doesn't mean I'm above you or I'm too good to be friends with you, Taylor. Duh."

Okay so he's not egotistical like I thought he'd be.

"Besides, I think you're interesting," He shrugs and all I can do is shake my head cause he's simply ridiculous.
"Can I make you that tea now? That is why I came in the first place."

"The kitchen is that way."

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"So..."

I sit on the kitchen counter, a warm cup of tea in my hands. After taking just a few sips, I have to admit that was one of the best cups of tea I've ever had.

"It's good. But it's not coffee."

"You're unbelievable."

"What, I said it tastes good !" I laugh while hopping off the granite countertop. I finish off the rest of my drink and put the small teacup in the sink.

"What now?" Ed asks after about five seconds of staring at each other. I shrug and motion towards the door, "You can leave." Please don't leave.

"I just got here and you're already kicking me out ?"

"Well, there's no point in you being here anymore."

"You're not a very good hostess."

I roll my eyes at him, "Would you like some food, Edward?"

"Now you're a good hostess."

"Wow, okay. What do you wanna order, some wings?"

"Lemon pepper please," He smiled sweetly. I smile back and call American Deli, whom I conveniently have on speed dial.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

When our food arrived, we were already settled on the couch, looking for a good movie to watch on Netflix.

"You act like you've never used Netflix before."

"Cause I haven't," I rarely watch Netflix and I don't know why it's so popular now, especially since it's been around for forever.

"Here let me see it," Ed dropped the chicken wing in his hand, taking my remote instead. I cringed at the thought of grease stains littering my remote. He started typing a title into the search box.

"Blackfish ? What's that?"

"A documentary about SeaWorld's ubiquitous mistreatment of the killer whales they keep in their facilities."

"Oh.. Sounds interesting."

"It's pretty sad, but yeah it's good."

"Press play."

❀❀❀❀❀❀

Halfway through the film and I was already on the verge of fucking tears. Which sucked, cause Ed was quick to tease me about it. But then I threatened to kick him out and that shut him up.

The movie ended around ten and we got up from the couch, stretching our limbs.

"So you should probably leave now," I spoke first.

"I dunno," He chuckled. "I'm pretty tired." I roll my eyes, laughing at him.

"Stop trying to stay here. Go home."

"But I wanna stayyy. It's fun here," Ed whines.

"I'm not letting a celebrity sleep over my house," I scoff while cleaning up the empty containers and cups.

"I read a fanfic like that once."
Idiot. Ignoring his comment, I continue cleaning up.

"But seriously, don't think of me as a celebrity. Just think of me as a friend," he smiles.

I hesitate. What if Abigail comes home and finds out he was here? Then what would I do ?

"You don't have to let me stay if you don't want to, but it is highly encouraged that you do." I smile at that then let out a long, dramatic sigh.

Why is he so persuasive ?

•••••••••••••