Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

 Epimetheus had stormed back to Theo's chambers with Rara in tow.

I could feel his anger and irritation boiling inside, giving me the sensation that I was once again trapped in an oven, even worse with all the hot walls closing in around me. I could only watch as he threw open the door.

Theo was still lying on the bed, but now his hands were thrust over his head, torn pieces of the sheets tying his wrists to the headboard. He wasn't looking so well either. His face was flushed, sweat making his hair stick to his temples. He was breathing hoarsely. It looked like a bad case of Recharge that was being ignored, not tended to. I writhed at the thought of not being able to do something, but it was no use.

I was trapped.

Inside my own body.

Epimetheus paced in the room for a moment, running a hand through his hair before pulling up short to look at Rara, who was frowning at Theo.

"All right," He decided, making her look up quickly, "Stay here. Do not try and heal him. He must stay like this. I'll go to the meeting in his sted. We still need more time. I need to find Prometheus and--"

"Do you really even have time for that," Rara demanded, making Epimetheus pull up short, the dismay stirring inside him burning, "You need to hurry. They'll begin to suspect and what then? They'll rip you away and throw you back to Tartarus. If I were you... Epimetheus, I'd flee. Get out of here while you still can." Epimetheus twitched, clenching his fists so hard, his nails bit into his palms as he seethed.

"Stop! Everyone keeps telling me to abandon Prometheus, and I won't do that! Prometheus is my brother, my twin. I am nothing without him. I will not leave him behind. He's the sole reason I even bothered to try and escape. I will not leave him behind." He spat, making Rara flinch at his venom. Epimetheus didn't seem to want to stick around much longer and vanished, teleporting us to Malachi's palace in Inferi. I instantly felt the dull ache of my powers waning as Epimetheus swallowed them, clearing his throat.

We stood just outside the doors, pausing to look up at the sky that was pitch black like velvet, rain pouring down in heavy loads. Epimetheus ground his teeth together and I scoffed at the boiling in his blood.

You can always turn back. You're backing yourself into a corner. I told him. Epimetheus seethed, clenching his fists and I felt a sharp bolt of pain slice through me, making me gasp.

Shut up. I know what I'm doing, and if you don't shut up, I'll swallow you whole-- whether you cause me serious indigestion or not.

With that, Epimetheus pushed open the doors and came into the main lobby where the others were already beginning to gather. Charon and Kyros were already there, but Charon looked oddly sick. His skin was paler than usual, dark shadows under his eyes. Kyros stood so close to him, I'm surprised they weren't joint at the hip. Cain was also there with Hannibal. Cain didn't look so great either. He looked chilly and for once, he wasn't dressed like a prostitute. He wore a long sleeved v-neck sweater and sweatpants, barrettes keeping his hair back from a pale, sleepy looking face. Hannibal stood beside him, watching him with a blank expression.

Zelios had also arrived, looking rather under the weather too with tired, hooded eyes and a thicker robe, his arms folded tightly as if he were freezing. Noe stood right next to him, gazing up at him every so often with a worried expression that Zelios seemed to try and ignore. Abel was also present, sitting on top of the desk with his knees cocked inwards, his elbows resting on top of them. He was shivering, coughing harshly every so often. Cerberus was leaning against the wall, trying to look like he was okay, but it was obvious that he was having trouble staying awake. Leon had to tap his shoulder every so often.