Chapter6

I tried to make this chapter a bit longer for you guys. It's just a little THANK YOU for sticking with the story. I hope you find this chapter just as interesting as I do- secrets are about to be uncovered, so DON'T STOP READING UNTIL YOU REACH THE VERY BOTTOM :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't have a quote today, sooo let's just get right to it :)

-*-*Chapter6*-*-

"Are there any monsters underneath my bed daddy?" I asked once he was done checking in my closet. He smiled down at me and sighed.

"Did you drink your Monster Be Gone drink Marshmallow?" He puzzled poking my nose. I giggled and smacked his hand away.

"You saw me drink it daddy!" I laughed because his question was silly. I could still taste the hot chocolate on the back of my tongue while the tip still burned from drinking it too soon.

He pinched my cheek with a warm smile.

"Then there should be no monsters under the bed!" He exclaimed holding out his hands like claws imitating a monster. I laughed as he began tickling me. I kicked my covers everywhere and off of me as I laughed. He stopped tickling when he saw I was making a mess. "Alright sweetie, settle down, mommy's trying to sleep." He whispered kissing my forehead as he brought the covers back over my legs and stomach.

I yawned and nodded.

"I promise to keep it down if you promise to check under the bed." I teased grinning. He laughed, got on his knees, and looked under the bed.

"OH NO! WHAT'S THIS?!" He shouted then threw something at my face. I screamed as he laughed. When I realized what he had thrown at me was my teddy bear, I relaxed and giggled.

"Stop being mean!" I whined making him laugh. He kissed my cheek and gently pushed my bang back behind my ear.

"There are no monsters under the bed, in the closet, in the drawers, behind the mirror and in the hall. You're safe tonight my sweet Anna Banana Marshmallow Marie." He whispered as I played with his face. He kissed my fingers and then the top of my head. "Good night," He whispered standing up.

"I love you daddy," I called as he walked to the door. He turned to glance at me with a smile.

"I love you too, sweet dreams," He whispered and flipped off the light leaving me alone in the dark. He cracked my door a bit and his footsteps faded as he walked away.

I closed my eyes preparing my body for bed.

Before I was in the land of dreams, the floorboard in my bedroom creaked slowly as if someone were trying to be sneaky.

Afraid, I pulled the covers over my head. I knew the monsters weren't gone like daddy had promised! He didn't get rid of them! The drink didn't work!

"Anna Banana Marshmallow Marie..." someone called in the night sending chills all throughout me.

"Monster, monster go away, I'm not well to come and play. Monster, monster go away, I'm not well to come and play," I whispered repeating it over and over until the footsteps stopped. The monster started laughing at me.

Bath water running woke me from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes a little and glanced over to my bathroom. Sandy was leaned over the tub running my bath water. Guess it's time to wake up now.