Chapter 3

In math class, you sat on one side of Miriam, Mei sitting on the other side of Mir. Mir, (what your friend group calls her), nudges you, making you look her in the eyes. She seems to always know if something is up with someone. She mouths, you okay?  You nod your head, almost a little too quickly. She shoots you a skeptical look, a look that says she doesn't believe you, but will leave you alone until later. About 20 minutes later, you were trying to pay as much attention as you possibly could, but it was impossible given the lack of sleep you had gotten the last night. You hardly ever got enough sleep, the largest amount of sleep being 6 hours. You suddenly felt something hit the back of your head, reflexively, you turn around, only to see Tyler looking at you. He looked down at the ground behind you, it was a piece of paper. You glanced once at the front to make sure the teacher wasn't looking, which he wasn't, you quickly picked up the piece of paper and un-crumpled it. 

I'm sorry, meet me under the bleachers during lunch?

        You glanced back at him, unsure if this was real or not. His face looked genuine. You decided this day couldn't possibly get worse, and you just nodded at him. He grinned, and gave you a thumbs-up. You were confused, wasn't it almost 30 minutes ago that he was shoving you around and being a complete jerk? Maybe he was just a really good actor. That's probably it. You were debating on whether or not you should go now, but you already said yes, it would be rude to just leave him there... You decided you'd take your chances. 

-3rd Person POV-

        Little did anyone know, that Miriam had stolen a glance at the note, and when nobody was looking, sneaked a peak at who had thrown the note, just to find Tyler looking at you. Mir didn't know why he wanted to meet y/n behind the bleachers, but she thought he was up to no good. Because he always was....right?

-Y/n POV-

        When it was lunch time, you went to the bathroom first. Mir had followed you, demanding to know what had happened. You just brushed her off, saying, "Nothing happened, I'm fine. It's all fine." But she kept bugging you anyways. About the 9th time she had asked what was wrong, you had had enough, and said loudly, in almost a yell, "Tyler happened, okay?! He was just being... a....a..... complete jerk! So I stood up, and it didn't go well! You happy?!" She looked taken aback, and stuttered out, "But Tyler...He...he leaves YOU alone, doesn't he? I mean he bugs US ALL sometimes... but he's so mean to...to Mei... All. the. time! He-" You cut her off, "He's mean to me all the time too! I'd say even more of the time! You are all just so caught up in YOUR lives that you don't care what goes on in MINE!" She stared at you, "Well, it's not OUR fault you never talk to us about anything, it's not OUR fault you get bullied, and it's not OUR fault that your dad died, or that you've had a tough life!!" You were shocked, you didn't know what to say. You felt guilty for arguing with your best friend, and possibly losing her. You hated arguing. It reminded you of the last conversation you had with your dad. Your hand reflexively reached for the locket that hung around your neck, the locket you wore everyday. That's why you always ended every argument with 'I'm sorry'.  And that's what you just did. 

"I'm sorry." You said quietly. "I'm sorry." You repeated yourself a few more times and could feel tears falling down your face. Mir was frozen, just staring at you like she didn't know who you were. You were breathing heavily, and realized Tyler was probably waiting for you under the bleachers. You ran out before Mir could do or say anything. You were out of breath by the time you got to the bleachers, and indeed, there was Tyler, waiting for you under the bleachers. He noticed the tears on your face, and immediately his face goes from relief to concern. You were so confused. So, so, so, confused. Nevertheless, you let it slide, thinking it must've been a trick of the light. You sat down on the ground and hugged your knees, trying to hide your face. At this point, you were sobbing, and you didn't even know why you came. 

"Y/n are you okay?" Tyler asks, worry in his voice. Okay, now things were really weird, because what happened next astounded you. He came over, sat down by you, and....hugged you. The only thing you managed to say was, "I'm sorry." Over and over again. You both just sat there, you saying I'm sorry, and him just staying silent and hugging you. You started calming down, and eventually said nothing, not even an 'I'm sorry'. After a few more minutes, he let go, and said, "You okay?" You just looked at him. "I'm sorry stupid question, how about this; what happened? Or do you not wanna talk about it? Because either is fine, I mean-" You cut him off, "I'll talk about it, but I...I don't...I don't know if I...could trust you...I mean after all you've done..." You say shyly. "Yeah, about that, I am....sooo sorry." He sighed. "You know, I don't know what was wrong with me, I guess, I just, I don't know, thought you could handle it? I mean, it's not that I don't think you can handle it, I just, I don't know? I'm sorry?" He sighed again. "Forgive me?" You sighed, you really wanted to forgive him. You let out a long breath, and told yourself, why not? Your life has already had its daily dose of weird, how could it get any worse? So you told him.

        You went from your dads death all the way to the argument you had with Miriam in the bathroom that day. And by the end of it all, you were crying once again. He just sat there not speaking, you looked at him. There was a long stretch of silence. 

"I.....am so sorry." He said 

"It's okay, you didn't know, pretty much nobody knows. And that's how I want it, I don't need pity." You say back. 

"Friends?" He asks hopefully. You think, you weigh the pros and cons, the maybes and maybe nots, and decide there are more good things that could come out of this than bad. 

"Friends." You smile. 

-Miriams POV-

        I stood in the bathroom, dumbfounded, after what she had told me. And I didn't even realize, some friend I am! I'm supposed to be the one she can come talk to about anything, and I just blew up on her! Maybe I should go and yell at Tyler, after what just happened, I don't think she'll be with him, especially if he's such a jerk to her all the time. 

        I was preparing my speech to Tyler when I looked through the gaps in the bleachers, and saw Y/n sitting on the ground crying, with Tyler hugging her! I don't know what this kid is up too, but I doubt it's any good. I decide I should stay and sit on the bleachers, so I can at least listen to what they say. 

        I heard Y/n, "And that was the last thing I ever said to my dad! I argued with him! Instead of just putting aside my pride and staying calm, I told him I hated him!" She had a few hiccups. Now this I didn't know, and why was she telling Tyler about all this, and not me. Maybe they were friends all along? But then why would she lie? This day is confusing as heck. I listened a little longer, she sounded very upset when she got to the part of our argument. And at the end of it all, Tyler....apologized?! Like, who is mr.man and what has he done with Tyler?! But I think what happened after is what astonished me most.

"Friends?" Tyler asked. Silence. Then, "Friends." 

(1379 words)

A/n-this was a longer chapter for me! I'll need more story ideas for just Wattpad in general, so suggestions anybody? Enjoy your life kids <3