Chapter 1: Your Life Story

You were a normal girl, with a normal family. Your life had been in all ways normal, up until you were 12, which was when your life became... un-normal. On the unlucky date of your 12th birthday, your father got in a car crash. There were no survivors. He was driving home from work to give you your present, a locket in the shape of a heart with a sunflower on it. That's what he called you, his little sunflower. It was a touchy subject, and thankfully, none of your friends, Mei, Miriam, Abby, or Priya, brought it up, not that they knew much about it either. 

        You lived with your mom, and your older brother, B/n

        You lived with your mom, and your older brother, B/n. He was probably shaken the most at dad's death, seeing as they were always together, cooking, playing catch, going on 5:00 am runs, so, basically everything. And ever since dad had died, mom had never been the same, she was always... out of it. She wouldn't do much, she'd wake up, go to work, eat during breakfast and dinner, come home, and go to bed. So naturally, your brother is very protective over you, taking care of you, making sure your lunch is packed for school, and he never lets you go anywhere without him knowing. He constantly checks up on you, through texts or calls, just to make sure your okay, and having a heck ton of fun. Your friends sometimes gushed about your brother too, saying, "Oh, he's so cute!", "He's so caring!", and honestly, it could get annoying. But you just let them have their fun, you'd roll your eyes, and just keep on walking. 

       You loved your friends, (just to put this out there, in a FRIEND way, of course), and they would always be there for you...if you said something. Your friends were kind of oblivious to how you felt about everything. In their defense, you never show your true emotions, and are very good at faking a smile. Miriam had always been closest to you, and was one of the only ones of the friend group that had REALLY known what had happened. Even so, you still enjoy being around your friends, even if you felt sort of like a fifth wheel. 

        At school, you were always a good student, all A's and B's, with only one C, and that was in math. Math is a very hard subject, and in your defense, you always had your father helping you with everything math-related. And now, you being 13, have been on the brink of failing math. Your math teacher has suggested, multiple times, to "Get a tutor, unless you want to continue like this and fail my class!" But you never got a tutor, you were too scared to ask for one. Your only hope was to just try your hardest and hope that the lucky stars were smiling down on you.

A/n- Hoped you like this backstory! I promise the next chapter will get into the real story! How has everyone's day been?

(526 words)