Chapter Five

I woke up. Today was the day I had to meet Ash. I hopped on Jasper. we walked and trotted back to Santa Margirita. I clicked on my phone I read I message from Ash "Why don't we meet at the Porch Cafe? This is Ash by the way." I unlocked my phone "sure, all be there, after we eat then we can ride" I sent the message. I finally got to The porch and saw him standing in front of it on a beautiful buckskin gelding. "hey! Yay your finally here!" "Yes I am!" I answered back. "shall we eat?" He said "nah I'm ok"

"Alright I guess" he croaked.

"Where do you live?" I asked?

"Well I live with my parents here in Santa Margirita."

"It must be nice here" I said.

"It's okay I guess."

"I bet I can beat you to that oak tree" I said then galloped to it as fast as I could. I was impressed. he was right next to me the whole time. well, he was in a western saddle and I was completely bareback. We soon cantered up to a small house on huge property. I saw a big barn and was impressed. "You live here?" I asked

"Yep this is my house. My friend also boards his horse here." he answered. I smiled. We dismounted, tied up or horses and walked over to the barn. There was 10 stalls, 6 of them occupied. Ash introduced me to all of the horses. There was a palomino dappled mare named Shammy. she was about 15hh. "this is Shammy, a rescue horse. we convinced her old owner to take her out of slaughter."

He moved to the next stall

We peered in and looked at a beautiful appoloosa gelding. "This is Duke. He's a retired race horse." He introduced. We moved to the next stall. "This is Shooting Star, Star for short." We looked at the beautiful jet black saddlebred. "She's an amazing jumper."

"I'd love to jump her" I stated enthusiastically.

We walked to the next stall. I was shocked as we saw a gorgeous black and white Gypsy Vanner gelding "This is Dashing Dancer, our jumped horse." Ash cooed, stroking her forelock.

We kept walking down the isle "this is Rebel, our stallion thoroughbred, he's quite a handful." We walked back to the entrance of the stalls. He pointed at a small barn." This is where my family friend, Justin boards his horse; well, pony technically." "Wow, Therese horses are amazing" I stated in awe.

"Youre welcome to ride any of them"

"Thanks." I said nervously. I could tell that he noticed something uneasy about me. I was so overwhelmed. I didn't want to get attached to these horses whatsoever but for some reason I wanted to tell him my whole story so badly. My chamber of thoughts was interrupted but the sound of gravel crunching under tiers. I looked over and saw a black truck pull into the driveway. "Theres Justin" sighed Ash. We walked over to him. He emerged from the truck. "So who's the girl?" He said, eying me. "I'm Alison, and by the was, I'm standing right here." I remarked. A wave of awkward silence washed over, but eventually Justin offered me to meet his pony. I agreed. We walked into the barn, and before I saw any pony, I heard a familiar whinnie.