Chapter Four

I threw Jaspers lead rope over his back to let him graze. that lead rope used to be my old pony, Apaches rope. Apache was the first pony I'd ever ridden and we had an unbreakable bond.
*Flashback*
We Went on a trail ride, just my trainer and I. We began to walk near steep cliffs. A butterfly flew around Apache and he spooked and lost his footing, falling of the side of the trail. I remember rolling down the huge hill and bumping into sharp rocks and twigs, as Apache was falling terrible, thrashing in fear. Once we got to the bottom of the hill, Apache wasn't seriously hurt, but he had cuts and bruises. I lay in the dirt, scared and shocked and hurt, unable to move. I try to yell for help, but no words come out. I try to move, but my body stays stiff. I can do nothing. Soon I snapped out of it, in horrible pain. Apache tried to scoop me up, nuzzling me constantly. I struggled to climb up onto his back. it was almost impossible. finally we are on and walking towards any help we can find. finally we find a man, working on train tracks and he saw us, cut, bruised, dirty and shocked. he let me use his phone and I entered in my mom's number. and the police, the vet, and ambulance came and helped us. Apache in a trailer, and me on a gurney, and we were off. I had a shattered heel, 4 bruised ribs, a fractured wrist, and multiple cuts and bruises. Apache had a terribly sprained leg, and might not survive. I cried my eyes out. I might not even be able to ride ever again. lucky Apache healed, and so did I.If it wasn't for Apache I'd be dead. he saved my life. I remember that my parents wouldn't let me have him anymore because they thought it was his fault. A little boy had to take him. I gave him Apaches halter and told him to keep it to remember me. I remember watching Apache being driven away as I looked into the trailer window, at him crying. tears stung my eyes at the thought of Apache.
*end of flashback*
I soon drifted off. I woke up to the sound of Jasper pawing on rocks. "Good morning, beautiful boy" I said to him, followed by a kiss on his muzzle "Today, you'll se another horse!" He whinnied excitedly. I pulled on the backpack I recently bought and mounted Jasper.