Chapter Fourteen ~ Book Shops

It was just a day later when Brea had sent the text.

If she where to be entirely honest with herself than she might have admitted that she had been going out of her mind wondering if the woman whom had her so on edge would make the first next move, or if she should do that herself.

She did try to be patient and wait, but in the end she couldn't. So she decided to send her what she hoped was a causal sounding message. It was after all, less nerve-wracking than calling, but still enough to make sure that Miranda knew that she meant business.

'Hi Miranda, just in case you don't know it's ah... it's Brea. I had a wonderful time yesterday. Thank you!

I was actually just wondering if you'd be free tonight? I heard there's a town dance being organised at the hall. Should we meet there say, 7:00 PM?

Sending hugs.'

Thankfully Miranda hadn't wasted time with her reply because Brea was certain that if she had her heart may have just exploded in a mixture of panic and excitement right than and there. Miranda had agreed to meet Brea at the town hall that night, but had also suggested that they meet up before-hand so that Miranda could keep a promise she had made.

Brea for the life of her couldn't think of what promise Miranda had meant exactly, probably because she was so encrossed in her own mind, thinking about the time they had spent together so far, and just how much Brea admittedly felt drawn towards her, that she couldn't think straight.

When she dressed for the day she decided on wearing her beige stockings, brown button up corduroy skirt, and her white top with short elasticated sleeves. Over this she wore her favourite slightly oversized burnt orange cardigan, because she could never go out in winter without one of her cosy cardies.

She felt ready, but not fully so without her notebook and pen, so she grabbed these on the way out of the bnb, and stuffed them into her satchel-like bag.

Brea had to try to distract herself along her walk. Both from thinking about Miranda, and about her father too. She had gotten admittedly a little sidetracked during her stay at Skye so far. The original mission she had come there to finish, she had made next to no progress on, but she didn't know what to feel about it. Relieved that she hadn't found any major clues yet? Sad? Frustrated?

She had no idea. All she knew for sure was that if she did manage to find him, and that was a very big if, he might not even want anything to do with Brea anyway.

After all, she was an adult now. It's not he could come along to her school recital, or cheer her on in a soccer game. Not that she ever played soccer in her life, but still. Those things had passed a long while ago, and now, she didn't even know if finding her father was going to be the best thing for either of them.

But Brea still had unfinished business to attend too, not to mention a ton of un-answered questions. She had come to Skye in the first place to get her answers, so get them she would. Or at least, she would try.

So she focused on watching the leaves fall that where left over from the autumn that had passed the isle by not to long ago. She gazed at the mountains beyond her, their tips lined with the first hints of snow, and breathed in the chill in the air. She couldn't help but to get distracted thinking about how the people she saw in the city back home where almost always in a constant state of hype, or exhaustion. The partying, the drinking, and the dancing, or the commuters going to work. Not that there was anything wrong with that, but Brea had to admit that she found she much preferred the quiet over the hustle of city life.

There was just something about being in Skye, around so much nature and beauty, that made Brea breathe a sigh of relief every time she noticed it. And she intentionally made sure that she noticed it. Because it would be a true crime not too! It was after all, the most beautiful place she had ever been too, her mother had been right about that.