⤷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩. 𝟎𝟏

⤷ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩. 𝟎𝟏

"Welcome to the building

"Welcome to the building."

He shook my hand as a formality, as if sealing the deal. Like the money I sent in wasn't enough already.

"Thank you," I say in response to his welcoming. He continues to babble on for about a minute before leaving. Fucking finally. I thought that guy was never going to leave. I wait for the elevator to shift downwards before heading into my newly bought apartment.

I live in one of the most expensive apartments in the city. The building itself is huge, but only houses about two apartments per floor. And there's three floors. Well, granted each apartment has two floors itself, so you can see why only six apartments were built here.

I stare at the entire floor, sleek with white marble walls and a nice tiled floor. There's a drawer with a vase and a rose inside, a mirror resting above the drawer.

And from across each other, two doors. My place, and my neighbor's.

I had gotten some kind of strange precaution from the guy before buying my place about this neighbor. "He just moved in, actually." he had told me. "He's...well, he's a figure, that's for sure," he chuckled to himself.

"A figure? What does that mean?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nothing you should be worried about, anywho. I'm sure you two will become acquainted with each other soon. He's in his late twenties—twenty-eight, I think? I'm not sure, my partner was the one who sold him the neighboring apartment." he explained.

"Good to know." is all I said in response. Nothing I should be worried about? That almost always entails something shitty about this mysterious figure.

But whatever, I'll deal with all that crap later. For now it was time to get in this apartment. I use my key to open up to my place.

It's a beautiful apartment, there's no lie about that. A vast kitchen decked with nice light gray marble counters and white cabinets. Next to it, a dining table that can seat six people. And a huge living room with a comfy couch and a massive TV. And surrounding all of it? Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the busy streets of Tokyo.

This place had three bedrooms as far as I knew, and many other rooms I could explore.

But it was 9:47 pm. And God was I tired. Exploring would have to wait for tomorrow. I slip off the uncomfortable shoes I'd been wearing all day and place them off to the side. I was told all my stuff had moved to the bedroom already, furnished and ready for me.

Next order of operations: Find the goddamn bedroom.

✧ ˚  ·    .

After slipping into a comfortable outfit of an oversized t-shirt of Black Widow and some shorts, I felt way more relaxed than I had in a long while. I should go to bed right around now, but there's a couch with a weighted blanket and a TV calling my name.

The urge for the TV wins.

I writhe myself under the blanket, holding it tightly as if it's the only source of heat available to me. I click the TV on, and it spurs to life with a pleasant chime. I log into my favorite streaming service, excited to just ease into this couch and drift off into sleep while watching my favorite show. It probably isn't healthy for me to do, since I have work tomorrow. Even if I can clock in whenever I please, I'm personally trying to come in before 11pm. Which means i can't sleep in.

But I get to slack off for tonight, right? I fucking deserve it. A new move is a big step. Even if it happened in the time span of a week or so. I click play on my show and settle in comfortably.

Until a knock resonates on my door. Normally, I wouldn't have thought much of this. But there's more to that knock. Because there's an unbelievable surge of cursed energy oozing from behind that door.

God, I just wanted to fucking relax, and now I have to deal with someone/something wielding cursed energy? I guess I can't escape it.

I shrug the blanket off of me and pause my show. I cautiously make my way to the front door, tiptoeing. They hadn't installed the peephole for this door yet since this place is relatively new, so I'm just gonna have to get ready for whatever the fuck is lurking behind my door. I unlock the locks and press the door handle, swinging it open.

"Hello!" is what I'm greeted with as soon as I open the door. It's a man—tall and well over six feet. He's wearing a blue polo shirt lazily hanging from white jeans. He wears multiple silver knuckle rings on both hands. Circular brimmed sunglasses rest on the bridge of his nose casually, and he's got hair as white as the fucking hallway outside, slightly tussled.

But what catches me off guard are his eyes. They're a beautiful shade of blue—almost unreal. Like a deep pool of the brightest sapphires at the bottom of a lake; his eyes rimmed with thick white lashes.

And something in my mind clicks.

"You must be the new neighbor!" he continues on. "Im—"

"Satoru fucking Gojo," I realize suddenly, the words escaping my lips unexpectedly. He looks pleasantly shocked at the recognition, but his expression slips into a smirk.

"No wonder I felt some cursed energy from behind this door." he commented slyly.