Chapter 1

Tris's POV

The banquet has begun and I'm walking down the old and creaky dauntless floors. After the test me and Tobias went back to his apartment and talked, kissed, and shared things with each other. Maybe about 20 minutes prior to the banquet. Tobias and I left his apartment and split up into two hallways, to go to the dining hall. That way no one would ask questions that we don't really have an answer to.

I walked in to the dining hall and see Christina and Will. I walk fast over to the table, Peter and the others are siting at the other table that's 3 seats down.

"Hey, Eric is starting in a few minutes with a speech" says Christina.

"Ok. Is it just me or do you feel like going to throw up" I say.

"No just you, but you have no reason to be.My time was min able,yours was dam fast I think it was 5 minutes" she says.

"Really?" I say

After that I'm quiet and so is she. Then I see Tobias walk in. Our eyes meet in the middle of the room and he winks and then walks to the table where Zeke is and sits.I stare at him for a few seconds then look away. I go back to talking with Christina. When Uriah comes up behind me.

"Hey,what we all talking about?"he say. I see Lynn and Marlene coming towards us. I give Uriah a look and he say "I hope you don't mind,I asked them to join us. Is that ok?".

"Yeah as long as,their cool with it" I say looking at Christina and Will.They nod. Now at the table is Me,Christina,Will,Uriah,Marlene and Lynn. Every time I get a change I sneak a look at Tobias,he sneaks it back,but I'm interrupted in my thoughts of talking and sneaking looks. When I hear Eric start talking.

"Attention all initiate"he say and with the last word that comes out,few are die quiet but there's still noise in some places,but that's as good as it gets."I'm not one for speeches but I'll try to do my best as I repeat the Dauntless manifesto 'we believe in ordinary act of bravery,in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another' I know you heard that the first day and we want that to live in Dauntless but 'we also believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves' I have seen many stand side-by-side for each other" he says that and I know he's talking about me and what I did for Al."With that we are grateful to welcome you into Dauntless, here are our rankings initiate" he finally finishes and move out of the way so we can see.

1.Tris
2.Uriah
3.Lynn
4.Marlene
5.Peter
6.Will
7.Christina

The others are people I don't know. All the eyes in the group on me. They all congratulate me except for Lynn,who doesn't look happy at all,but that is what it is. I'm really happy to be first. That means I'm like Tobias, we were both Abnegation transfers, and we have the lowest amount of and fears; and we both ranked first. Just as I'm thinking about him I see him get up from his table and walk my way.

I get the feeling he wants to say something so I say to Christina "I'll be right back". She nods. I get up and walk around the table to Tobias and he smiles.

"Hi" he says.
"Hey" I say.
"I told you. You would get first". And he did say that.
"Yeah I know,but it still really big". As I say the last word I hug him. It makes me feel good to feel his warmth.
"Do you think that hug,gave us away?" he asks.
I look at him and realize I don't care what my friends or his friends think. I just care what I think of him and what he thinks of me.
"You know I don't care" I say.
I wrap my arms around his neck and stand on my toes. I kissed him and he kisses back. With each kiss we deep in it. I notice that in this moment that we gave ourselves the way to our friends that I realize I really do like him.

----------------------------------------------
Note
Sorry took me so long to actually fully put the chapter up busy with school and bowling and all.