Chapter 3: Parting Ways

Apparently, this was easier than I thought. The only reason I thought this would difficult was because they had a closer sent to Muzan than other demons. I assumed they were close to being an lowermoon.  At least no one's hurt too bad. Glancing at my friends, I unnoticeably wince as some of their injuries come to mind.

Let me rephrase that. At least no one is dead.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

The female demon throws another ball and and constantly bounces off the walls, ceiling, and floor. After a few seconds, the ball is headed toward Lady Tamayo, but Yushiro blocks the ball from hitting her.

The ball bounces off of the wall one more time before hitting Yushiro's head clean off. His body falls limp in Lady Tamayo's arms.

"YUSHIRO!" Me and Tanjiro yelled.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

"Lady (Y/N)? Are you alright?" I hear someone ask.

It gets me every time.

Turning to the owner of the voice, I spot Tanjiro looking at me slightly worried.

Smiling, I give him a small thumbs up, my other hand placed on my hip. "I'm alright." He smiles back and my expression turns into a look of worry. "How about you, Tanjiro? That breathing style of yours seemed to have taken a toll on your body." I ask.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Glancing to my right, I see Tanjiro trying to make his way over to us by crawling. His sword was held firmly in his mouth, despite the state he was in. I rushed over to him and picked him up, placing him on my back.

He gaped at me, mouth wide open before blushing in, what I assume, embarrassment. "L-Lady (Y/N), this won't be necessary-"

"Oh I insist-" I'm interrupted by the female demon running to the side, seemingly begging someone for forgiveness. She begged and pleaded continuously until a large hand made its way out of her mouth.

My motherly instincts came in and I quickly covered Tanjiro's eyes. I hurriedly ushered Yushiro to do the same for Nezuko. He seemed to be in a state of shock but he still rushed to do what I said. Covering his eyes too with my free hand, I glanced at the demon just in time to see her head being crushed by the hand.

Muzan has no mercy for his own worshippers.

I gave the demon a sorrowful gaze before uncovering Yushiro and Tanjiro' s eyes. Yushiro glanced at me in shock while I checked to see if they were all alright.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

"I'm alright." Tanjiro replied. Nodding at his reply, I head towards the door. "Well it was nice to meet you Nezuko, Tanjiro. I need to go on my mission now. It was nice to see you too Yushiro and Lady Tamayo-," arms wrapped around my waist, making me pause and look at the owner.

The owner was Yushiro.

"...Thank you. I will see you soon." He blushed in embarrassment. I smiled brightly before returning the hug with a tighter squeeze.